Clutch bite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch bite

The biting point on my DS3 is quite high on the pedal (I'd say about half way). Is this the usual case or is there any way of lowering it as I'd much prefer it lower down to the floor like I'm used to? makes my gear changes a bit funny sometimes.

Thanks

Mine was midway until I had the clutch replaced with a performance one, it now bites at the bottom.

Comment

Just drive for a week. You'll adapt. Every car I've owned has had a different bite point. You soon get user to it.

Comment

Mines really high, but im used to it, but it really throws me when I get in the driving school car which is a fiesta and its so low.
        “In less enlightened times, the best way to impress women was to own a hot car. But women wised up and realized it was better to buy their own hot cars so they wouldn't have to ride around with jerks.” - Scott Adams

Comment

I went from a car which had a very strong very low bite to my ds3 which is much higher and more subtle and I really didn't like it at first! Been driving it a few weeks and I don't give it a second thought anymore

Comment

I find the DS3 clutch is kind of hard to release without it biting a bit when going from 1-2 especially.

Comment

The beauty of the DS3 Clutch is you don't have to floor the peddle all the time when changing gear.
              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
              Bigfeet's File Repository
              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by pmatil View Post
                I find the DS3 clutch is kind of hard to release without it biting a bit when going from 1-2 especially.
                Absolutely agree! Thought it was just my dodgy driving haha! I'm also still struggling with hill starts which admittedly I've never been brilliant at them and I live on a steep hill which is typical but I seem to have to use lots of throttle to avoid rolling back but in definitely at the strongest biting point [emoji31]

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                  The beauty of the DS3 Clutch is you don't have to floor the peddle all the time when changing gear.
                  Same with my uprated clutch, its bites at the very bottom but only needs to travel halfway down when changing gear.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                    The downside of that is that sometimes I get extremely lazy and don't push the clutch even far enough because in my lazy mindset it bites from waaaay up high. So a bit of grinding may occur every month or so

Comment

Working...
                    X