Annoying rattle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying rattle

My car is in for the third time and has already been at the dealers for a week. It has an annoying rattle in the O/S rear somewhere. They've secured wiring, replaced the rear shock, clips on panels and still no joy. I only bought the car new a couple of months ago and I'm getting fed up already, Bristol street Nottingham are stripping it down bit by bit to try and find the problem, but Citroen technical are clueless and very little help if any. :mad:
    DS3 1.6 Bluehdi Dsport Plus :STrooper:

Some might seem too simple, so just some quick questions to eliminate them Have you checked the seats are secured back? Parcel shelf is all in place etc?

Mine made a noise from the seats, so my service book pack is currently rammed down the side of the back seat and the plastic of the door (infront of the cubby hole)

Another one that my first ds3 used to do was a rattle from the boot pillar and the window, the plastic trim was slightly loose.
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Yep checked the seats myself and all the obvious things, to me it sounds like the rear body panel spot welds have gone somewhere and the panels vibrating. had one of the Techs in the back of the car last week and he agreed, next thing they're changing the back shocks.

Comment

Just had the garage call me and I was right. Problem lies with the welds on the B & C pillars, the car now has to be taken across Nottingham to a body shop. Hopefully i'll have my car back early next week at the latest. :redface:

Comment

Hi did you get your rattle fixed my car is rattling from the tailgate area.Can you see the welds on the pillars or are they hidden.
          Last edited by paul r; 30-09-2015, 22:37.

Comment

...so.... your car is coming unwelded? (Nothing to worry about there at all!) :rolleyes:
            Shark grey / white Vti 120 DStyle ordered 2 March 2013, built 23 March 2013, collected 20 April 2013

Comment

The cars being reassembled, garage had to replace some interior panels as the body shop scratched them and then it needs a full valet. So I'm fetching it back in the morning.

Comment

Good luck hope its rattle free. Think mine was the boot struts rattling.

Comment

It's back no rattles so far, shame about the half hearted valet. Had to wait while is was "cleaned again" inside and then ended up doing the interior again when I got it home. Still waiting for Citroen to cough up for the insurance on the loan car as well! Don't see why I should fork out for it as the car was only a couple of months old and the work was carried out under warranty.
                  Last edited by scubagazza; 03-10-2015, 10:37.

Comment

Good news.Citroen should have give you one off their cars.
                    Last edited by paul r; 03-10-2015, 10:46.

Comment

Few picture from the tern valley meet the other day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This was meant to be on my progress thread sorry guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

in my experience ALL cars seem to have rattles- even when new
                          You wanna drive a stripped out motor with no carpets or passenger seats. Every bit of grit or gravel sounds like a missile coming thru the car shell
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Not sure about that, my Golf is rattle free. Its only done 2.5k miles but so far so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue
                              in my experience ALL cars seem to have rattles- even when new
                              You wanna drive a stripped out motor with no carpets or passenger seats. Every bit of grit or gravel sounds like a missile coming thru the car shell
                              Maybe you should avoid the gravel
                              - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                              - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Working...
                              X