Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power folding mirrors

Hi,
    I'm new to the forum but looking forward to checking out all the worthwhile information on this site. I have a question about power folding mirrors and hope someone can help me out.
    I just bought a 2013 DS3 Dstyle plus (registered 20/09/13) which has the City Signature Pack but it doesn't have the power folding mirrors. Can someone confirm if it should have this as I have the reverse parking
    Sensors and my understanding is its all part of the package. The mirror switch on the door only moves from left to right to select the mirrors.

Thanks

So when the mirror switch is in the middle you can't slide it backwards towards the rear of the car to retract the mirrors ?
    sigpic

Comment

City park pack would include, arm rest, park sensors and folding mirrors.

The problem is that there were one or two that slipped through the net, it might be hard to get anything done about it now.
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
        So when the mirror switch is in the middle you can't slide it backwards towards the rear of the car to retract the mirrors ?
        No it doesn't move backwards

Comment

It's still under manufacturer warranty so I can speak to the dealer or direct to Citroen. What do you think would be best?

Comment

I can see that Citroen / the selling dealer would have an obligation to the original buyer to make sure the car's spec was right, and in accordance with what he was paying for. Not sure about subsequent buyers, though. (Pretty sure neither Citroen nor the original dealer are in the frame though).

The seller must surely be responsible for ensuring that everything fitted works (or agreeing a suitable price adjustment for anything that doesn't). I don't know what obligation there is, at that stage, with regard to stuff not fitted in the first place. I suspect none at all.

Or I could be wrong... (again!)

:confused:
            Shark grey / white Vti 120 DStyle ordered 2 March 2013, built 23 March 2013, collected 20 April 2013

Comment

Can retractable mirrors be added at a later date? i gather it could be a bit of hassle but is it possible?

Comment

I'm wondering if it could be the wrong door switch that has been fitted when the car was built but I'm going to speak to my dealer and see what they say. Another point is the car was advertised with power folding mirrors.

Comment

If it was, then it's up to them to ensure they work if fitted, and if not either retro fit them or provide some form of compensation I would have thought. As always friendly discussion with a dealer normally yields better results than a rant
                  sigpic

Comment

Ah but the problem here is that the car is no longer with the original owner, we have travelled into a whole new territory.

Comment

Phoned dealer this afternoon but salesman and branch manager on day off today so I'll phone back tomorrow and give you all an update.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                        Ah but the problem here is that the car is no longer with the original owner, we have travelled into a whole new territory.
                        But it's now being marketed with folding mirrors Biggie ?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                          But it's now being marketed with folding mirrors Biggie ?
                          That would be a hard point to argue, even my spec sheets have a a disclaimer at the bottom.

Comment

Ok fair enough.....
                            sigpic

Comment

Hi guys, just a quick update on the non folding mirrors. Phoned the dealers today and salesman confirmed that the car should have the power folding mirrors. The car has been booked into the service department to get checked out next week. The salesmans words were we'll get it sorted or come to some sort of satisfactory arrangement. Keeping fingers crossed.

Comment

Working...
                              X