Headlight help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight help

Does anyone know how to alter the beam on the headlight itself, one of the reflectors is higher than the
    other and even after setting it at its lowest on the steering column I am still blinding people, only realised
    this issue when I've changed my bulbs, I've checked the bulbs and they seated correctly but one headlight isstill pointing up.

Not one I've heard of before I'm afraid.

Is the car still within warranty as I'd imagine this is something your dealership should be able to fix.
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

It's out of the actual Citroen warranty as it turned 3 yrs old in May, bonus is, is that the garage I got it from at the time gave me a lifetime warranty with it, just thought there may have been a quick fix I could do but I suppose I'll get on to the
      garage, cheers anyway

Comment

Lifetime warranty- wow
        Id never let the car go
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

That's what swung me to buy it, it's already paid off as they replaced a faulty water pump last week on it, only deal is that I have to have it serviced there, got it from stoneacre at Hyde, no doubt there will be some clause somewhere for some stuff but it's paid off at the minute.

Comment

Originally posted by Coreybops View Post
            Does anyone know how to alter the beam on the headlight itself, one of the reflectors is higher than the
            other and even after setting it at its lowest on the steering column I am still blinding people, only realised
            this issue when I've changed my bulbs, I've checked the bulbs and they seated correctly but one headlight isstill pointing up.
            There is adjuster screw on each headlight

Comment

Originally posted by DS3RACING96 View Post
              There is adjuster screw on each headlight
              Thanks, any chance you can point me in the direction of it, is it a case of taking the headlight out or is it something that can be done whilst in situ

Comment

The adjustment is done with the headlight in place. 1st triple check the bulb is seated correctly, then put the adjuster near the steering wheel back to 0. Behind each headlight there is a little white wheel that can be turned with a screwdriver inserted into the top that adjusts the vertical alignment of the light. The horizontal is a little white lever hidden on the outside top corner in the engine area. (easy to see with a small mirror)
                Originally posted by cyclone
                It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                Originally posted by Broda
                I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

cyclone = legend
                  sigpic

Comment

There must be an electric motor in or around the headlight which reacts to the height control wheel? Could you have unintentionally disconnected it, either mechanically or electrically, when you changed the bulb?
                    Last edited by Owd git; 30-09-2015, 07:59.
                    Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

You may find this useful - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...Headlights.pdf
                      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                      Bigfeet's File Repository
                      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                        The adjustment is done with the headlight in place. 1st triple check the bulb is seated correctly, then put the adjuster near the steering wheel back to 0. Behind each headlight there is a little white wheel that can be turned with a screwdriver inserted into the top that adjusts the vertical alignment of the light. The horizontal is a little white lever hidden on the outside top corner in the engine area. (easy to see with a small mirror)
                        Cheers for this. I was hoping for a quick fix.

Originally posted by Owd git View Post
                        There must be an electric motor in or around the headlight which reacts to the height control wheel? Could you have unintentionally disconnected it, either mechanically or electrically, when you changed the bulb?
                        No. It moves it's just too high even on the lowest setting on the wheel
                        Last edited by Dangerousfish; 30-09-2015, 11:36.

Comment

That would make me think the headlight has been removed for some reason and reinstalled incorrectly
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks, any chance you can point me in the direction of it, is it a case of taking the headlight out or is it something that can be done whilst in situ
                            Like cyclone said just adjust with philps head scew driver to adjust down screw in

Comment

No. It moves it's just too high even on the lowest setting on the wheel
                              It's possible to pop the motor link ball joint off the reflectors such that they just rest on it - that could produce your symptom
                              Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

Working...
                              X