Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warranty period

guys

We are all aware that Citroen uk give us a 3 year warranty with all new cars, however this not truly a three year warranty its actually only a 2 year 11 month warranty as i discovered this week when i went to my dealer to get an issue with the drivers door repaired under warranty and was told on Friday Citroen warranty had rejected the claim stating that the repair couldn't be carried out within the warranty period(warranty ran out on Wednesday i put claim in on Tuesday).

I have spoken to customer services at Citroen UK and am waiting for a decision from them as to whether they will overturn the decision by warranty. Fingers crossed.
    Last edited by mjhill; 04-10-2015, 10:35.

Sounds like a cop out to me. A few people have had warranty claims fixed outside of warranty because the issue was noticed before the end. Eg. Noticed a few days before the end of the warranty, fixed the week after because that was the next available slot.
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Yah I would get in direct touch with Citroen UK. Maybe a small rant on their Facebook page also?
      Originally posted by cyclone
      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
      Originally posted by Broda
      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
        Yah I would get in direct touch with Citroen UK. Maybe a small rant on their Facebook page also?
        didn't know they had a Facebook page if they don't overturn the decision i certainly will be ranting on it

Comment

Hopefully you'll get it sorted. Im assuming you go to Walkers in kirkcaldy?
          DS3 Evo Edition
          Sport Red
          E8 DRY

Checkout my Build Thread: http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....s-Build-Thread
          Scottish Meet Part 2: http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....sh-Meet-Part-2

Comment

Is that assumption based on location Euan or the quality of service experienced ?
            sigpic

Comment

You should be able to go in the day before the 3 years and still get the issue covered under warranty
              Its day of diagnosis, not day they can do it
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

call from Citroen UK yesterday saying that as a TOKEN OF GOOD FAITH the would pay for the repair. cant see where they get that from since it was still in warranty when it was looked at by the garage but at least i wont have to rant on their Facebook page and its getting sorted on the 19th.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0523.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	359836

Comment

Originally posted by Euan View Post
                  Hopefully you'll get it sorted. Im assuming you go to Walkers in kirkcaldy?

Arnold clark Citroen in Perth Euan

Comment

To be fair you left it rather late as these things take a few days to process so Citroen were well within their right to reject.

At the end of the day there needs to be a cut off point for warranty.
                    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                    Bigfeet's File Repository
                    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

There does need to be a clear cutoff. Wait there already is it is called the last day of your warranty. 3 years is 3 years not 1 day less or more.
                      Originally posted by cyclone
                      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                      Originally posted by Broda
                      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                        There does need to be a clear cutoff. Wait there already is it is called the last day of your warranty. 3 years is 3 years not 1 day less or more.
                        You think it would be that simple

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                          You think it would be that simple
                          AFAIK it is that simple. Citroen were trying it on and, when challenged, had no choice to back down.
                          Shark grey / white Vti 120 DStyle ordered 2 March 2013, built 23 March 2013, collected 20 April 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                            AFAIK it is that simple. Citroen were trying it on and, when challenged, had no choice to back down.
                            That made me laugh!

To be fair we have no details of the OP's car, be interesting to see that actual dates.

Comment

Working...
                            X