Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revs fluctuate

Morning all,

I am hoping someone can help me. I have recently purchased a 1.2 DS3 and noticed that when I bring the clutch up the REV's seem to fluctuate upwards and makes the car accelerate forward too quickly. I initially thought it was just me getting used to the car and that I was to blame for pressing the accelerator further without realizing. I have tried different approaches of barely pressing on the accelerator when bringing the clutch up and yet it still seems to bring the revs up the further I bring the clutch up. I'm not sure if I am bringing the clutch up too slowly but if I do bring it up any quicker I get a rough and jerky move off the mark. Once it is fully engaged it drives perfectly fine.

It is bringing concern on if the issue lies with the car, if it is just rough with it been 3 cylinders or if I am just been a complete pleb but would like to get some assistance as it is getting a little nerve racking when moving off at such speed when I have children in the car. (Wheel spin is common as well even though the accelerator is barely pressed?)

I did a test when parked up, handbrake on and in neutral where I brought the revs to about 2000rpm and held it. I could see the rev counter fluctuate anywhere between 1500-2000rpm without me moving my foot.

If someone can lighten this situation up for me or let me know if anyone else has experienced the same issue and how they resolved it would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Luke.
    Last edited by 4109creighton; 06-10-2015, 11:02.

Anyone?

Comment

I've not heard of this before, if it's related to the 1.2 3 cylinder engine no one has reported it on the forum as far as I can remember.

Bigfeet might know more but I don't think I've seen him on the forum today, he works at a Citroen dealership so might have seen this before.

My advice would be to get it back to wherever you purchased it from, I'm assuming it's still under warranty, and get them to look at it.

If you post back and let us know what they discover that would be helpful if it's reported again.

Good luck
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X