Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Con Issues

Hi All,

I have been experiencing some noises coming from the A/C - mainly sounds like a hiss.

Also had issues with the windows fogging up (never had that issue before with the A/C on so assuming it isn't functioning properly).

I'll try to catch a recording, however just wanted to see if anyone had any issues with their A/C at all?

Thanks!
    DS 3 1.6 THP 165 DSport - Ink Blue body / Black roof.

It's worth checking the condition of the cabin filter first, if it is in poor condition then you will can some A/C issues with fogging.
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

With windows fogging check if the inside circulation mode is not on (probably not) although it may have stuck on or the servo that moves the flap could be broken.

Comment

Had it back from the dealers today, said there was absolutely no gas left in the system - also said that was weird for the age (<3 years).

Booked in Monday to investigate a leak - gassing with a dye to try tracing it.
        DS 3 1.6 THP 165 DSport - Ink Blue body / Black roof.

Comment

My Clio had an issue with screeching noise, which turned out to be a faulty air con pump. Don't know if it's a similar sound?
          @mike_lowsocial

Comment

Originally posted by Greaterix View Post
            Had it back from the dealers today, said there was absolutely no gas left in the system - also said that was weird for the age (<3 years).

Booked in Monday to investigate a leak - gassing with a dye to try tracing it.
            This was added to my last Ford when the AC system sprung a leak, I remember driving along as faint cloud of yellow mist came through the vents !!
            sigpic

Comment

Wow sounds like a leak somewhere. I just had my A/C serviced, no service done in almost 5 years now (from the factory). There was 230 g left, filled it with 425 g. Seemed to work relatively well still!

Comment

Working...
              X