Car shaking and feels like it's going to stall when i idling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right, cars in the garage now. Listed the following things:

1. Car is shaking a lot, Exhaust is spluttering and revs are falling causing the car to almost stall. Mentioned i have seen the temp sensor moving about so might be the recall Coreybops was talking about.
    2. Metallic ticking from turbo on overrun.
    3. Car literally sounds like a chainsaw in high revs.
    4. Air conditioning is very loud and i feel that with it on, it causes even more shaking in the cabin.

Let's see what they can find... I'll keep you all updated.

Comment

1. I assume this is when idling? Mine does that too. It disappears for a few months every time the intake valves are cleaned.
      3. Since a few months I've got a different sound than originally when I go into high revs, don't now how to describe it, but chainsaw would not be it When I took it in, they said they didn't notice anything, but I know it sounds different than before. They said they didn't find anything, so I've learned to live with it.
      4. More shaking would be logical, since it makes the engine work harder.

I'm looking forward to your updates!

Comment

Keep us posted with what they find!
        My DS3R3... nearly....
        New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

So, after 2 and a bit weeks I've got the car back. They replaced the Turbo and Air con pump.

But, not the HPFP. So, there i was this morning warming the car up with the revs falling 500 and below causing the car to shake like made and almost stall to recover after a few seconds back up to 750 or so revs.

Going back into the garage again next week... When i took it in last week they said "You're lucky, one more week and you would have had to pay for repairs" which is strange because used car warranty from Hartwell is 3 months not 1 month and 3 weeks exactly. Not to mention the cars been i the garage for a total of almost a month now...

I really wanted to enjoy my DS3, i really did...

Comment

Not sure how replacing the turbo would effect a rough idling engine, the aircon possibly if it was on at the time. things like this are normally either fuel or electrical issues.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyDS3DS View Post
              So, after 2 and a bit weeks I've got the car back. They replaced the Turbo and Air con pump.

But, not the HPFP. So, there i was this morning warming the car up with the revs falling 500 and below causing the car to shake like made and almost stall to recover after a few seconds back up to 750 or so revs.

Going back into the garage again next week... When i took it in last week they said "You're lucky, one more week and you would have had to pay for repairs" which is strange because used car warranty from Hartwell is 3 months not 1 month and 3 weeks exactly. Not to mention the cars been i the garage for a total of almost a month now...

I really wanted to enjoy my DS3, i really did...
              If you can get rid, do so....
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                If you can get rid, do so....
                Ha, yeah... I've tried talking to the Sales Manager at Hartwell but despite all my problems and lack of milage due to that he's pretty much saying that there is no chance of that. My last option is to sell it privately but considering i bought it for £9000 I'll probably be in with of loss of a couple of grand.

Comment

Ouch
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X