No announcement yet.

Ds3 thp inlet valve clean out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been told that new M++I's (small car by John Cooper) are now having valve cleanse removed from the items covered by warranty
    Be interested to hear if that's the same with a new THP?
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

The new ones don't use the THP anymore. Those new engines most likely will have some sort of flow going through the inlet valves so they don't coke up so bad..

Comment

Originally posted by FLP View Post
        The new ones don't use the THP anymore. Those new engines most likely will have some sort of flow going through the inlet valves so they don't coke up so bad..
        Didn't know that :-)
        Or not been paying attention

Do you know what date the new engines are being put in from FLP?
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
          Do you know what date the new engines are being put in from FLP?
          I was talking about the M**I. They use a new engine since the last generation (2014?)

Comment

Originally posted by FLP View Post
            I was talking about the M**I. They use a new engine since the last generation (2014?)
            #

Oh right- wonder when Citroen will catch on.
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Peugeot/Citroen are sticking with the THP Prince engine - http://ae-plus.com/news/psa-will-kee...-engine-family

Comment

Originally posted by Nomgle View Post
                Peugeot/Citroen are sticking with the THP Prince engine - http://ae-plus.com/news/psa-will-kee...-engine-family
                Seems like the inlet valves sooting up will continue then.... bet SPT love that :-)

Hope the timing chain stuff has been sorted, and would recommend a better HPFP too , and thermostat. They seem the main issue
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                X