Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which engine oil for an HDI (90hp)

Hi all!

My DS is soon gonna need an smaller service, and since I havn't changed the oil on it before, and I can't seem to find it in my service manual, i'll have to ask here.

Which type of engine oil should I use? I have a HDi from 2010 with 90hp. It's gonna have the service at 70.000 km.

It is in the small booklet that gets the stamps showing the services have been done.

Total Quartz INEO ECS 5W 30
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
      It is in the small booklet that gets the stamps showing the services have been done.

Total Quartz INEO ECS 5W 30
      Doh! Maybe I should look in the right book then. :cool:

Comment

I've just serviced the ds3, I use Castrol Edge 5w30. It takes 3.7 litre, however depending on your millage depends on how much you use.

The DS3 I've just got had 40000 on the clock so I drained it, filled it with castrol, ran it for 3 miles and about 15 mins stationery, drained it again then filled with fresh castrol. The reason for this, if you only drain it once there is still a lot of shit oil left in, this way gets it real nice.
        I make cars go quicker then take photos of them.
        Genuine Alientech Kess V2 & K-Tag

Comment

I'm buying shares in Castrol now, if your practice takes off I'll be minted !
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by charlesthetog View Post
            I've just serviced the ds3, I use Castrol Edge 5w30. It takes 3.7 litre, however depending on your millage depends on how much you use.

The DS3 I've just got had 40000 on the clock so I drained it, filled it with castrol, ran it for 3 miles and about 15 mins stationery, drained it again then filled with fresh castrol. The reason for this, if you only drain it once there is still a lot of shit oil left in, this way gets it real nice.
            Nothing against Castrol but that oil does not meet PSA norm B71 2290 for use in their engines. One of the Castrol Magnatic range oils also a 5W-30 does meet that norm and would be a better choice within the Castrol line.

Comment

I have the Magnatec 5w-30 oil in my garage in case I need to top up, so far I haven't needed to between services though...
              sigpic

Comment

I thought it was nearer 5ltrs of oil 4.75 or does it vary from model to model

Comment

My little handbook is saying 3.75l for diesels and 4.25l for the petrol.

Comment

That's it then varies between petrol & diesel [emoji106]

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                      I'm buying shares in Castrol now, if your practice takes off I'll be minted !
                      hahaha the thing is its done 40k and not by me so was worth doing imo.

It's 3.75 for diesel and as already been mentioned from the bottom of the Dipstick to the top is 1 litre buy putting too much oil in causes more damage than too little so go slow when filling.
                      I make cars go quicker then take photos of them.
                      Genuine Alientech Kess V2 & K-Tag

Comment

Working...
                      X