Central speaker interferance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central speaker interferance

Hey everyone! I'm new to this but really need help!

I've got a 2012 DSport diesel plus, and its developed a weird hissing/interferance noise that comes from the central dash speaker.

I've found a few videos online and on here and posts from people with the same issue. I found one thread that apparently had a fix, but I couldn't find it.

I know nothing about car electronics, but apparently it's to do with earth wires or something. Can someone tell me specifically what to do to fix this problem?

Thanks!

Something to do with a cable from the sub. My old car had this problem and it was sorted under warranty. It's pretty common.
    May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
    October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
    Instagram @adamds3

Comment

Great, thank you!

Would anyone be able to tell me how I would do this sort of thing?

Thanks

Comment

Hi.
        Had a same problem. Cost me 67 pounds in Citroen garage. They replaced wiring loom. No problems after that.

Comment

Yeah, just a lose earth cable by the sounds of it. Depending on the age of the car, most are done under warranty

Mine would fix itself if I went over a bump for long enough I didn't get it sorted before I part exed it in for my newer one.
          My DS3R3... nearly....
          New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Working...
          X