Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Tyres

Hello,

I've just had my service done and I need two new front tyres fairly soon. Its coming to winter and definitely need the extra grip for the snow.

I assume everyone finds the DS3 quite poor in the snow.

Would I be better getting some kind of winter tyres for the front or just regular ones

Lee

Yes. Winter tyres are better.

Do you need them? Probably not.

Although I have them this year because my commute is a bit sketchy over winter.

Snow chains are the way forward.

Comment

Or socks
      DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
      Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Yeah socks are good a bit of a faf. ,I'd go with tyres, where you live?

Comment

Chains socks are all well and good when it gets bad but the benefits of winter tires are not just when there is snow on the ground
          Originally posted by cyclone
          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
          Originally posted by Broda
          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

It's not just about the tread pattern and the performance of the tyre in snow/ice. It's also the compound of the tyre being optimzed for lower temperatures.
            DS3 1.6 Bluehdi Dsport Plus :STrooper:

Comment

Originally posted by scubagazza View Post
              It's not just about the tread pattern and the performance of the tyre in snow/ice. It's also the compound of the tyre being optimzed for lower temperatures.
              Nail on the head!
              I make cars go quicker then take photos of them.
              Genuine Alientech Kess V2 & K-Tag

Comment

Until a couple of years ago I would never have bothered with winter tyres, but with much wider, lower profile tyres and the eco compounds now in use being very poor in cold weather I bought a set last year. I was astounded by the way they transformed the car, not just in snow, but ice, frost, rain... - winter weather in general. Problem is if you go for the same size tyres they are very, very expensive. I had a Mito and a Giulietta, bought 185/65/15s for the Mito (it usually ran on 205/45/17s) - winter tyres cost £220 for dunlops, set of wheels an extra £100, Giulietta 205/55/16s (usually on 225/45/17) winter tyres cost £240 + a set of £100 wheels. If I had just bought the tyres for the Mito, it would have cost me over £500 plus the change over costs. Fortunately I have somewhere to store them. Anyway, when I bought the DS3 I ended up with a set of winter wheels & tyres I couldn't use....or so I thought. I did a bit of research and notice that the C3 uses 15" wheels with 185/60/15, so I've bought a set of Berlingo steel wheels & some proper wheel trims & whilst it doesn't look its best, its going to save the alloys from the wet, salt, slush & frost. Refurbing a set of diamond cut wheels is really an expense too far!

Comment

Working...
                X