Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OBD Error P1385 on 2013 THP155 after remap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OBD Error P1385 on 2013 THP155 after remap.

The other day I was joining the M4 in traffic in my remapped Dsport THP155, and when I needed to exploit a gap in 4th at about 50mph, I floored the throttle. The response from the engine was to drop power completely and generate an alarming rattle. I waited a few seconds and tried again with the same result.

I completed the journey to work very carefully, and likewise back home later. I looked in the fault log with Torque Pro, and found error P1385 had been generated for cylinders 2 and 4. This code seems to correspond to both "Exceeded knock threshold on cylinder #N" and "Variable timing solenoid B fault". This didn't happen before and hasn't happened since, and the faults have cleared themselves from the log without my intervention. The engine management light didn't come on. The car has been run on shell Vpower since I bought it in August.

I'm wondering if this was just a gremlin popping up for a one-off visit or whether I should get it looked at. Also wondering whether Citroen would be able to see the remap, and if I should get it reverted to stock if I decided to take it in.

Not good news am afraid- would get it in. Mine did this and 2 weeks later HPFP and ECU went bang
    Mine went in with the remap- they didn't spot the remap. (Replaced the ECU)

9 months earlier it went in for carbonisation of inlet valves (Stutter and fault codes misfire) and they cleaned the inlet valves, also wiped the map which I got put back on

After the second time the remap was wiped, i didn't bother again after. Mine was a 2013 plate too, so was mapped on a bench with ECU split in two.

When I get another DS3, will either be brand spankers, or more probably an old 2010/2011 model that can be mapped via OBD
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Yep, my remap was direct flashing of the ECU as well. They reckoned they sealed it up properly afterwards to avoid any visual detection of it being opened, but I'd be surprised if they're isn't a file CRC somewhere which they can check with their diagnostic equipment to determine whether any part of the firmware had been changed. Was your error code also P1385?

Comment

Yes- P1385 detailed on a thread here somewhere. With other codes as well
        They never checked my ECU, they just overwrote it first time, and second time they replaced it!
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

I see. A bit of luck in an otherwise crappy situation. Well I took my car into a local independent garage today and they confirmed "super knock" on cylinders 2 and 4, present for 8 and 11 revolutions respectively and a low fuel rail pressure warning. The low fuel pressure could explain the knock. I told the local dealer about the problem yesterday and they told me they would ring me back with advice. They didn't. Doesn't bode well.

Comment

Working...
          X