Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squeaky brakes

Hi everyone

when i press on the brake pedal there is a squeaky sound which i have been noticing for the past two weeks (bought the car 3 weeks ago). It sometimes goes away for 5 minutes but then starts again.

DO i need to change the brakes or what?

Is it covered by Citroen warranty as i have 1 years warranty left.

thanks

First squeaky brakes are not a safety issue just annoying as hell. Can't hurt to ask if your Citroen dealer will do something about it. If you feel comfortable clean the sliders well and put some anti squeak stuff on the Back of the brake pads. There are a bunch of brands of that or a high temp anti seize compound would also work if you have some lying around. You can find all that in any auto parts store.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

I've had this on and off for months, hoping new EBC discs and pads will make it go away early next year
      sigpic

Comment

THIS is how to deal with it.

Mine now only happens at a very light pedal pressure!.......with EBC pads!
        Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

I love that post Owd git! Exploding Dogs
          :ds3: Part-Time DS Champ - Citroen & DS Sales Exec :ds3:

Comment

Great link Owd git
            sigpic

Comment

I'm not confident in taking apart any part of the car, il just go to the mechanic

Comment

Hi everyone

I cant stand the brake squeaks. I need to get it sorted out, What are the stock brake pads for a 1.6 vti 120 ds3 dstyle+ and where is the cheapest place to buy them ?

Thanks

P.s what are ebc pads cuz everyone seems to talk about them

Comment

EBC is a brand of brake parts. Green stuff is the name of the pad you want. Better braking, longer lasting, and less dust. Literally can not go wrong with these pads
                  Originally posted by cyclone
                  It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                  Originally posted by Broda
                  I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Okay so i took my car into the garage for a brake check, and the guy told me that the pads were in good shape but the discs are worn out, the back ones more than the front.

they said they can wash the discs i.e sand them down or whatever but it wont be a long term solution, the cost would be around £62. Or i can get a full disc and brake pad change which they said would cost me around £520. Do these quotes seem right ?

What do i do ?

Comment

Originally posted by AsianDS3 View Post

What do i do ?
                      If the discs are "worn out" why are they suggesting doing anything other than replacing them? If you're getting squeal with light pedal pressure the most likely cause is sticking pads, either the pads themselves sticking in the caliper or the caliper pins sticking. Cleaning & lubricating where appropriate will usually cure the problem.
                      Last edited by DaveB; 15-12-2015, 08:33.

Comment

Working...
                      X