Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hello just purchased a ds3 for wifes 40th :-) please advise.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello just purchased a ds3 for wifes 40th :-) please advise.

hi everyone
    i have just today 7/11 purchased a 2014 d-style auto cabrio for my wife as a birthday gift for her 40th
    she has not been given the car yet as her birthday is not until 20/11 so i have a couple of weeks to clean/valet & get the vehicle ready for the big day :-)
    on driving the ds3 back from Manchester to Leeds on 2 occasions the auto gearbox didnt engage 5th gear although driving speed was 80+ & the revs were up near 4500 ? the 5th gear would no engage automatically & nor in manual mode it would not engage 5th gear? also the cruise control when tried to set was just flashing --/--mph ?
    please could anyone advise or am i best booking the dealers to investigate under warranty?
    its done 11000 miles

many thanks in advance

Welcome to the club. if I was you I would definitely take it back to get checked out,if the gear box is not engaging then it is definitely something worth looking at
    DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
    Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

When you use cruise control are you pressing the top tab in to set it at your current speed? Pretty sure there's a minimum speed you must be going for it to activate, correct me if I'm wrong though.

Comment

Yes there is a min speed and have you turned the cruse control on? The little wheel on the stalk one way is cruise on the other is a speed limiter on. The middle is all off. As to the Transmission get that car back to the dealer!
        Originally posted by cyclone
        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
        Originally posted by Broda
        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Min speed in 4th gear manual box to set cruise control is 25mph on a 1.6 e hdi engine, haven`t tried using it above 70mph officer!
          LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

thank you all so much.

thank you all so much
            i have been informed by citroen mechanic the 2014 dstyle 1.6 petrol auto has a 4 speed electronic gearbox fitted? this is the reason the 5th gear is not engaging as there is not a 5th gear on the car? hee hee :-) is this correct?
            as for the limited & cruise i tried it today on the dual cabbage way & motorway & it worked fine :-)

i guess i am just not used to the operating functions in the car as i only picked it up yesterday '''''doh!!!!!
            totally my incompetence
            sorry to everyone

thank you again

Comment

My wife drove my previous car, a C4 on a motorway for the first time once and proceeded to drive it most of the way in 4th on a manual 5 speed box! Don`t worry,we have all done it!
              LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X