Coin fell down in the front vent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coin fell down in the front vent.

Hey guys, One of my mates put a coin on the dashboard and it slid and fell into the front vent and was wondering if there's anyway of getting it out? I keep thinking that the only way is to take it to a garage and they'd have to strip the whole thing apart which I would imagine would cost a fortune. It's only £1 and usually I wouldn't care but the fact that it slides around every time I turn a corner and the fact that I know it's in there annoys the hell out of me.

So, any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any info!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20151115_130121.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	367824

Some thin long nose pliers?
    @mike_lowsocial

Comment

Originally posted by mjogreen View Post
      Some thin long nose pliers?
      That could work, not sure how big the hole is though. I.e. if it opens up into a bigger hole or if it's just the same width and length of the hole. It'll be a needle in a haystack kind of thing

Comment

Originally posted by Iron panda View Post
        That could work, not sure how big the hole is though. I.e. if it opens up into a bigger hole or if it's just the same width and length of the hole. It'll be a needle in a haystack kind of thing
        No idea but might be worth, if you say it moves about, try and get it to one side and go from there. Otherwise might be a off comes the dash type job.
        @mike_lowsocial

Comment

Drop more in and start using the car as a piggy bank.
          Originally posted by cyclone
          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
          Originally posted by Broda
          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

You could fill up the vent with that expanding builder's foam stuff - that would stop the coin from sliding about
            Shark grey / white Vti 120 DStyle ordered 2 March 2013, built 23 March 2013, collected 20 April 2013

Comment

Metal coat hanger stretched out to hook it out?
              - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
              - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

^ This with v sticky tape wrapped around it I think I saw it advertised on Amazon a while back...
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X