Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Average warm-up time for 1.6 THP

Hello all,

I recently bought my first Citroën: a Ds3 1.6 THP (grey/red).

During the testdrive the engine didnt reach a warm temperature. The needle stayed in the most cold part of the meter. Only after the car had been idling for a minute did the temperature reach a normal level.

Is this normal for this car/engine?

It's being looked at by the dealer under waranty, but I want to make sure I can repel any "this is normall for this car" answers from the dealer.

Thx in Advance.

Originally posted by Tusk View Post
    Hello all,

I recently bought my first Citroën: a Ds3 1.6 THP (grey/red).

During the testdrive the engine didnt reach a warm temperature. The needle stayed in the most cold part of the meter. Only after the car had been idling for a minute did the temperature reach a normal level.

Is this normal for this car/engine?

It's being looked at by the dealer under waranty, but I want to make sure I can repel any "this is normall for this car" answers from the dealer.

Thx in Advance.
    What reg THP?

Mine used to take a couple of minutes before oil temp was in the middle (2010 THP).
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

march '11

Comment

mine used to take at least 5-10 mins for the oil temp to be in the middle, and now with 15w50 oil even more than that...
        DS3 Racing | Matt Orange | eTuners Stage III+ | Wössner Forged Pistons | Bastuck De-Cat Exhaust | Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit | AEM Water/Methanol Injection | Motul 300V Competition Oil | Mahle Coated Bearings | Cylinder Head Porting | 100 Octane Juice

Comment

Mine takes 5 to 10 minutes to warm up too. Closer to 10minutes when I'm driving really gentle and I'm keeping the revs under 2500 at all times. (Which is what you should do when driving around with a cold engine)

Comment

As others have said, 5-10 mins for me too, especially now the weather is colder.
            - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
            - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Mine takes 10 - 15 or so minutes for the needle to get to the middle.

Comment

Mine takes 5-6 miles steady driving this time of year

Comment

When my wife goes to work in her DS 3 Leaving work. She goes straight onto the A38 up to 60 mph as fast as she can. The engine must get to temperature very quickly. One good reason to put the best synthetic oil in too.

Comment

I agree total quarts ineo ecs 5w 30 as recommended changed every 6000 miles still doesn't warm up any quicker looks like an average of about 5-15 mins or about 5 miles steady drive from everyone's comments

Comment

I've just been out. It's 5 degrees. It took 4 miles for the temperature to come up to middle. I had a new temperature sensor fitted under warranty about
                      500 miles ago. Prior to that it didn't com out of the first bar area.
                      "I'm a writer. I give the truth scope."
                      https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010501688560

Comment

They put 0W30 in my THP at the dealer, not sure what's the difference in practice between 5W30. Just a little bit runnier when cold.

Comment

Working...
                        X