Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine codes: p0341, p0343, p0343 please. . camshaft sensor A help

Hi all,
    My engine management light have popped on, after plugging it into a fault code reader, it's popped up,..

Fault code p0341 - Camshaft position sensor A circuit range/performance
    Fault code p0343 - Camshaft position sensor A circuit high input
    Fault code p0343 P (don't have a clue what this is guessing it's liked to the other!)

The car isn't used very often so would anyone be able to point out any common faults that's causing this, or would it just the sensor itself needing changing?..
    Also would anyone be able to point out the location of this sensor and if it's easy to change?

Thanks in advance!

What model / engine? I'm guessing DSport THP?
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Sorry my bad, it's a 2011 1.6 petrol

Comment

Originally posted by johnnynicholass View Post
        Sorry my bad, it's a 2011 1.6 petrol
        THP or VTi?
        - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

I'm not too sure?.. think maybe vti?.. 2011 ds3 dstyle automatic, 3 door, 1.6 petrol 120bhp if that helps?

Comment

Not the same engine but a similar error code from a user, here: http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....ighlight=p0341

If it still turns over, then hopefully the valves and pistons haven't gone crunch with each other.
            If you're really lucky, it could just be a faulty camshaft position sensor, which indeed would stop the engine from starting.
            Another here with the same engine: http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....amshaft+sensor

Not sure on the location of the sensor, if you could nail down the model of the engine we could probably find out for you. You can probably find out on your V5 or a copy of your insurance documents.

Let us know how you get on.
            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

I have looked but can't seem to find anything, pretty sure it's a vti.. the car starts and runs fine not lumpy or any rough idling?.. thanks all

Comment

A 2011 1.6 petrol with 120 bhp would be a VTi as you said above

Unfortunately that's as helpful as I can be as I've only ever owned the diesel DS3s - If I were you I'd get it booked into the dealer, if it's just the sensor another mechanic can probably sort it but if it's anything more serious I'd want Citroen to look at it.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                  A 2011 1.6 petrol with 120 bhp would be a VTi as you said above

Unfortunately that's as helpful as I can be as I've only ever owned the diesel DS3s - If I were you I'd get it booked into the dealer, if it's just the sensor another mechanic can probably sort it but if it's anything more serious I'd want Citroen to look at it.
                  Cheers for your reply, thought I was right haha, I was thinking of changing the sensor and then having a look from there.. seems really weird as the car isn't used very often, and it still drives A1..

Does anyone know what could be causing this?, thanks guys

Comment

Anyone else have any ideas of what's causing this fault?, cheers

Comment

Working...
                    X