Remote Central Locking Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Central Locking Issue

So, Interesting this one... Mrs was out in the car (2011 DS3 DSport 1.6 eHDI Airdream) the other day and parked next to a friend (2014 DS4). When he locked his car, it unlocked mine. So our fobs seem to be on the same frequency. It apparently happened again the other day in a public car park, came back to the car and the mirrors were out, alarm sounded when the door was opened. Absolutely positive the car was locked when it was left.

Anyone else had this issue or heard of it before?

Help?
    DS3 DSport 1.6 Airdream e-Hdi 110 - Pealescent Red: White Roof, Mirrors, Alloys - Light Bulb Modifications so far... Mwah Ha Ha Haa

No but listen to this. We had a delivery of building materials to our house. The driver used a hand held remote to operate the crane. My neighbour arrived parked his car on his drive. But could not remote lock it. The lorry driver told him it was his hand held remote affecting his car. Then he went on to tell me of the many tales of how their crane remote affects cars central locking.
    I wonder if this or one like it could affect the DS 3?

Comment

I was a direct victim of crime due to remote jamming once. It was on New Years 2014 and me and my mates gathered at a local watering hole for the festivities ahead and I must've not looked when I locked my THP as I was walking towards the pub. When I returned, ALL the doors where open and my Laptop, GPS and all the valuable items where gone. Later I discovered that you can block car remotes with any generic 2.4ghz transponder such as a gate remote. I learnt my lesson that day and double check if my car is locked every-time now.

just as a note: I don't encourage or take part in any crime of this sort nor do I drink and drive

Comment

Working...
      X