X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixed SERVICE warning

hi there.

I have a year-old D-Sport.

Just very recently the "SERVICE" warning light came on in the driver's display - it has remained despite the vehicle not exhibiting any (obvious) problems.

Also quite recently a message appeared in the central console about the cruise control radar being dirty. However, I can't say if it coincided with the appearance of the SERVICE light. Unfortunately I noticed both separately, and the radar message has not re-appeared, while "SERVICE" remains.

Another point, (perhaps it has a bearing): the vehicle service-due display information shows -100 (i.e. overdue by 100 km). I have it booked for servicing with Citroen early in the new year.

Should I contact Citroen earlier, on the basis that (according to the manual) a fixed SERVICE warning indicates a significant issue for which a more specific warning indicator is not available?

I am using the car daily without experiencing any issues.

Thanks in advance for any pointers,
    Sean N

What mileage have you done? If your service-due display says you're 100km past service, the service light will remain on until you get it serviced and at that point the service light will be turned off.

It's standard on all cars.

I would be more concerned if it said Service in conjunction with other warning lights.
    @mike_lowsocial

Comment

If it's of no inconvenience to you to get it into the dealership I'd imagine they'd look at the fault under warranty.

I've always treated the SERVICE light in DS3's as the Engine Management Light - If an EML Lit up in any other car I'd imagine you'd want to get that checked asap
      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

My service light came on 400 miles before the 37500 mile limit, it counted down and I took it in last week with 100miles over the limit. It sailed through (save a AC empty and refill), mine came on early cos the last free service was done a little early and when the indicator was reset it counted down 12500 miles
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X