fitting towbar electrics with a logicon towing interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fitting towbar electrics with a logicon towing interface

i have fitted the towbar but now need to install the electrics i have got the logicon zr2500 towing interface is it a single wire suppling the side light and brake light with the 12v supply for the towing interface it should not supply any other system or load so were can i connect it any help would be appreciated
    thanks steve

Sound like they want you to run a wire from the battery, make sure you put an appropriate rated fuse in there. I would think the instructions should mention the fuse size somewhere.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

If you look in the fuse box (behind the glove box) you should find a separate fuse box (green and black). This is supplied by a fairly heavy black lead which should be permanently live, if the maxifuse at position 7 (hidden in the under bonnet fuse box) is present. Going back to the green and black fuse box, you should be able to tap into the live supply here with a fuse. I have recently gone through the process and debate in my head of fitting towbar electrics. I originally thought I'd go down the route of a bypass relay like you. In the end I decided not to do this because of potential warranty issues in the event of having any problems with the electrics. ( I had a really bad experience a few years ago when fitting towbar electrics. I managed to blow the BSI. The car was off the road for 2 months) This time I played safe and fitted the official Citroen electric kit. This was really straight forward to do and worked first time. I haven't bothered getting the dealer to enable it (yet) as the lights work OK. The only thing is the rear parking sensors are not automatically deactivated (I do this thru the central display options) and the rear fog light doesn't cut out on the car.

Comment

Working...
      X