Service at 6000 Miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service at 6000 Miles

The moment my DS3 got to exactly 6000 miles the orange "Service" light started flashing up and the display told me to check the oil. I have checked the oil level and its fine but a few hundred miles on the Service light keeps flashing up but only when i first turn the car on..Otherwise it runs smooth as you like with no problems.

Is this an automated thing or is there actually a possible problem I should contact the garage about??

thanks one and all in advance!

Im not to sure about this one, maybe someone with a bit more experience can guide you through the answer

Comment

I've had the "check oil" message flash on the nav screen before and it was simply due to the oil being pretty low.

The dipstick in my eyes is pretty difficult to read.

If it's not topped up, try adding a bit more oil. If it continues to flash after the oil's had time to settle, get it into a Citroen Garage for them to stick it on the diagnostics machine.
      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

How old is the car?
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Car is about 10 months old now.. Any tips on the right/best oil to use?

Comment

Okay, then it does seem that your DS3 is wanting oil. For warranty purposes you should use Total Oil as outlined in your warranty/service book, but as long as you use a high quality oil then you should be fine. If memory serves DS3 uses 5/40w oil but check your book first!

...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
            X