Difficulty in Selecting 2nd, 4th and 6th Gear in DS3 AirDream HD115

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difficulty in Selecting 2nd, 4th and 6th Gear in DS3 AirDream HD115

My Fiancee and myself have a 2014 DS3 HD115 model, 6 speed gearbox and she's had it less than a year.
    It had 9750 miles on the clock but since day one its been a bugger to select 2, 4 and 6th gear.
    I have driven the car several times to try and get down to the problem, I'm normally on my bike so I don't drive it all the time.
    Some days its ok with a little resistance felt in 4th especially, but some days it won't budge.
    Citroen say that they suspect the Clutch has gone, but if that was the case I wouldn't be able to get the car in any gear, the diagnostic states suspect Clutch, but not conclusive,
    needs further investigation.

I have read a hell of a lot of threads here and my understanding so far leads me to several areas. Firstly, the 2, 4 and 6 gear are on the same selectors, could it be that a fork selector is bent or a bearing
    that maybe partly ceased. Secondly, the flywheel, could this be unbalanced, causing momentum to be rough and not helping engage the gears, thirdly the clutch actuator...
    I know I'm clutching at straws but as Citroen have been such bar stewards about the warranty they claim its the clutch which is not covered. But surely a Clutch life is more than 9,750 miles?

Start simple, has the adjustment and condition of the that cable and its connecting points been checked.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

I asked Citroen to check this when the car was put in for the diagnostic but they would not speak to me as I'm not the owner, but the sheet which I've read doesn't mention that they checked it.
      I had the same issue with my car and is the first thing to check and yes I agree with you it would seem logical and hopefully I'll get this re checked by another garage to confirm...and thanks for the reply

Comment

We have now had the Clutch inspected and the cabling, all are good which leaves the Clutch Actuator, but Citroen UK are blanking every email I send them and it is still under warranty

Comment

Working...
        X