No announcement yet.

Engine light on/off on my DS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ As DaveB said above, pre-exisiting issues are not covered. The dealer selling you the car was either oblivious or devious
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocket rocket View Post
      Hey guys thanks for your response, sorry for my late reply I'm on a shift at the moment.

My car is a 110 1.6 HDi Dsport, it's only done 49,000 miles on a 10 plate,it might be carbon build up somewhere? I sent an email to the salesman saying that I don't feel confident buying the car unless they can guarantee me that the fault has been or will be cleared ( at their expense ). Got response saying that the AA Gold warranty that I will be taking out will cover this, I have access to a diagnostic kit myself (luckily) but just concerned that I might be taking on something that will be costly to repair and the warranty won't cover this And for it to come down to "wear and tear" .
      Do you really want the hassle of having to take your 'nice new car' back and forth to the garage? I think dealers who tell you not to worry because it's got a warranty are trying to fob you off and as such are generally cowboys (and I should know since I write westerns!).
      "I'm a writer. I give the truth scope."
      https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010501688560

Comment

I have a 15 plate ds3, engine warning light is on and the service light?
        Any ideas.

Comment

Wait, you write westerns Jo67 ?? Films ?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Maradonna View Post
            Any ideas.
            Hi and welcome, a few questions:
            1. Is it on PCP/Contract or have you owned the DS3 from new ? If the latter it should have the 3 year warranty in place and I'd get it into a local Citroen dealer to look at it.
            2. What model and engine is it ?
            3. When was it last serviced, is there a service due ?
            4. Did you notice the service indicator spanner appearing when turning on the car ?
            5. Have there been any issues with the car whilst driving ? Stuttering or feeling rough etc ?
            sigpic

Comment

PCP
              1.2 pure tech Dsign
              Nothing showing until these lights came on
              No service due, under 500 miles on clock

Comment

PCP
                1.2 pure tech Dsign
                Nothing showing until these lights came on
                No service due, under 500 miles on clock
                Straight back to dealer then, get it checked out.
                - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                  Wait, you write westerns Jo67 ?? Films ?
                  Books. http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....134#post207134
                  "I'm a writer. I give the truth scope."
                  https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010501688560

Comment

What Beefy said !
                    sigpic

Comment

I had same the issue... Bought 12 plate just oven a month ago. Engine light came up, and fan started buzzing like mad. Seller garage took it away, replaced entire sensor unit, saying that it was a sensor fault. A DAY LATER -same scenario... This time it appears to be ignition coils. 2 were changed. Currently waiting for my car to be deliverd back. I am hoping that it was ignition coils which set the sensors off, therefore the problem alltogether is now fixed, but if it will happen again - this car is going back to the seller for good... Such a shame as I love it, just completely killed my confidence and trust in it...
                      Last edited by Temide; 01-02-2016, 12:46.

Comment

Any ideas.
                        Hi folks, I'm having similar issues to Maradonna today. Under slowing down, the [service] light has been coming on temporarily along with a bleep and a message on the central screen saying 'engine fault'.

It's a 2013 eHDi 115 DSport+. Any ideas? 55,000 miles, last serviced in September and due again at end of March. Spanner hasn't been appearing yet. Thanks!

Comment

I had that just on mine 110 12plate. Engine fault needs repair on the centre console. Plugged in an OBD2 reader to check for fault codes on the ECU and got P11ab. Took it into dealership and they did a diagnostic test. Turbo pressure fault recorded suspect electrovalve. But couldn't find anything wrong so they erased the fault. Had the car back yesterday and all seems OK so far. Btw cars done 42k.

Comment

PS. This happen from just turning on the engine while stationary from cold on my drive late in the afternoon

Comment

Happened to me from switch-on this morning and now staying on permanently. Took it to garage who said they're "a bit stretched" so it's either being looked at today or tomorrow.

Comment

Latest is that my dealer said they 'fixed' this problem yesterday... got in the car this evening to drive home and the service light has stayed on the whole time, Cruise Control not working and Stop/Start also not working. Arrived home, turned ignition off, turned back on again and the service light didn't appear. Intermittent faults do my head in!

Comment

Working...
                                X