Thp making horrible noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thp making horrible noise

I've had a few problems with my 2010 thp 155, spluttery on a cold morning, then sometimes the depollution system error comes up and loss of power for a few seconds then drives ok till I run it for a while then goes off, but this time I was driving and it randomly lost power, as though turbo isn't working and drove shockingly slow so when I pulled up and lifted bonnet up it was making a horrible tinny rattling noise, couldn't really hear it when I was driving due to my exhaust so I had no idea till I got home... Any ideas what it could be before I take a trip to a garage?

Also quick question is it a good idea to put a induction kit on this model of car? If I don't sell it that is...

I do have a video but I don't know how to upload it

Thanks...

2010 THP 150 that would be the timing chain then.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

I've managed to upload a video if that helps aswell

Comment

I'll take a look later! I'm at work with no way of listening at my desk

But this does sound all too similar to faults that we have seen before - some are very easy to resolve. Putting new spark plugs in revived a 150THP I knew of.
        My DS3R3... nearly....
        New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Jesus, don't go modifying that at the moment.

Get it into a dealers and looked at asap.
          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

It turned out that it was the timing chain but also the tensioner was loose, fixed and running better than ever now fingers crossed it stays that way... Thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
            X