Slight buzzing on acceleration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slight buzzing on acceleration

A slight buzzing noise is noticeable coming from the front of the car when gently accelerating above about 1200 revs. in 3rd or 4th gear. All other car functions seem fine. Its a blue diesel 120 sport and coming up to the first service. It would be nice to go into that service with a bit some ideas about the cause of the issue when I ask them to look into it. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it the beginning of a bigger problem?

Inside the car or outside ? There was an issue with the dashboard a while back and foam inserts being needed but I thought this wasn't a problem on newer builds
    sigpic

Comment

It seems like its coming from the engine .. though I'm not 100% sure. I saw the thread on the dash rattle and it did not seem to fit what I am experiencing. This noise is like a rattle with a very high frequency that makes it turn into what I am calling a buzzing sound. I have tried squeezing the dash when I hear it to see if this stops or alters it and maybe because its hard to do effectively when driving, I have not noticed any difference.

Comment

It seems like its coming from the engine .. though I'm not 100% sure. I saw the thread on the dash rattle and it did not seem to fit what I am experiencing. This noise is like a rattle with a very high frequency that makes it turn into what I am calling a buzzing sound. I have tried squeezing the dash when I hear it to see if this stops or alters it and maybe because its hard to do effectively when driving, I have not noticed any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Supershred View Post
          I have a rattle from the dials atm which is quite annoying, it only stops when the glass is pressed.

The other thing it could be is a grounding issue that causes a noise from the speakers when the revs go up.
          - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
          - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Thanks, I will continue trying to isolate the noise and let you know if I work it out!

Comment

I've recently noticed something similar to what you're describing and i think i found the issue. Check on top of the battery, there is a unit that clips into place for the stop start system. I've noticed that this can slide back out of the clips that hold it in place, it then vibrates under acceleration / higher revs. Hope this helps.
              DS3 1.6 Bluehdi Dsport Plus :STrooper:

Comment

Thanks the noise does seem to come from the engine bay and that sounds like a possible cause. I will check this
                out over the weekend and see if it works.

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
                  The other thing it could be is a grounding issue that causes a noise from the speakers when the revs go up.
                  Yeah, this is what I was thinking it could be.
                  My DS3R3... nearly....
                  New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Well, I had a look under the bonnet at the battery and in particular at the many plastic interfaces on/surrounding the battery. I kind of pushed them around without knowing what I was doing and it was clear they were a bit loose. It was not clear however how to tighten them up. I have since had a short drive and the 'buzzing/rattle' is no longer apparent. I expect it to return sometime until I work out how to fix the issue properly but for now all's cool and quiet! Thanks Scubagazza for the diagnosis.

Comment

Working...
                    X