Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereo/speakers crackling when connected to bluetooth/USB

Hi everyone ,
    I bought my first car in September DS3 D Style 14 from Arnold Clark and i love it but ever since i've bought it the speakers(i assume it's coming from the speakers) are crackling/clicking when anything is connected via usb or bluetooth it doesn't matter how high the device is turned up it still seems to crackle and click and it seems to be getting worse as time goes on . I know it sounds petty but it's really annoying, I was just wondering if anyone had a similar problem and would i contact citroen directly or Arnold Clark (as they aren't very helpful) Also as my car is under three years old is anyone sure if this is covered by the warranty ?:confused:
    Thanks

Does it whistle at all when you accelerate?
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Nope :/

Comment

Does the radio sound ok? Bluetooth is usually a bit lower quality but if the music on the USB drive sounds ok on a computer then I would guess it's an issue with the unit.

I'm sure Chris had a similar issue and had his whole radio unit replaced under warranty.
        - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Yeah the radio sounds fine which is why it's confusing me as it sounds as though it's coming from the speakers the clicking is too loud and goes through it constantly for it just to be due to quality... i think. Thanks for your reply hopefully citroen will sort it out

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
            Does it whistle at all when you accelerate?
            only when the birdie song is on

Comment

Hi WTF just went out in my car for the first time in a few days usually i have the radio and noticed it does whistle any idea as to what it means?

Comment

Originally posted by weehalf View Post
                Hi WTF just went out in my car for the first time in a few days usually i have the radio and noticed it does whistle any idea as to what it means?
                Loose ground wire is the usual cause. Take it into your dealer and they should sort it.
                - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Thank you

Comment

As Beefy said I had lots of clicking and crackling on mine when listening to the iPod via usb or bluetooth. My dealer heard it too and agreed it was faulty. They reported it to Citroen and they replaced the whole head unit and no issues since, I mostly use a USB thumb drive now and it's clear and sharp

Good luck
                    sigpic

Comment

Going to call my dealer with this particular issue I think. My radio and CDs sound fine but Bluetooth is really crackly and poppy.

Comment

Can I check then, Is the truly awful quality when streaming through Bluetooth not normal on the DS3?
                        I've had the head unit replaced twice by Citroen already, the Bluetooth music has always been tinny/crackles... (tried both android and apple phones)
                        The rest of the audio is fine.

Comment

Stereo/speakers crackling when connected to bluetooth/USB

Well, I've only had mine a week or so so I can't comment. But Aux and USB sound fine and Bluetooth sounds shite.

Mine went in on Friday and they couldn't find anything wrong with it, until I got there and the head of the service team came and sat outside with me and agreed that it sounds crap.

He said to bring it back Monday and should be replacing the head unit. Hopefully this will sort it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MadMan0 View Post
                            Can I check then, Is the truly awful quality when streaming through Bluetooth not normal on the DS3?
                            I've had the head unit replaced twice by Citroen already, the Bluetooth music has always been tinny/crackles... (tried both android and apple phones)
                            The rest of the audio is fine.
                            Seems that way mate. Mines been in today and it is apparently meant to be THAT bad. He replaced the unit and I listened to the quality in 2 other citroens, ds3 and c4 and they all sound horrific. How can this be?

I'm actually really pissed off about that. My dads old Golf and new Beemer sound ideal and mine sounds like a bag of nails.

Comment

Working...
                            X