Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heater control cable - Easy change?

Hi all,

Over the past year my DS3 has had a gammy heater control knob. It would get stuck and then spring back when I tried to turn it. I managed to remove the heater control panel and reattach the steel braided cable, but because it has a slight kink, it keeps folding back up on it self.
    Has anyone had the experience on changing the cable? I wondered if it would be a complete dash removal or not?

Also, I cannot find a new cable anywhere. I have been searching for DS3 heater control cable but nothing. Would the cable be used in other cars? Such as the C3 or the Peugeot equivalent?

Thanks!

New one to me!

Is it outside of warranty?
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

It is out of manufactures warranty (2010 model)

We did take out extra warranty when we bought the car from our dealer, through a 3rd party company. It isn't worth the paper its written on!

They didn't pay a penny for this:
      http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....ed-Timing-Belt

But did cough up for this:
      http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....s-Strike-Again!

I have spoken to the dealer and they have advised me that the warranty company would not cover this repair as it is not sudden mechanical fault.

Comment

Originally posted by barbs706 View Post
        Also, I cannot find a new cable anywhere. I have been searching for DS3 heater control cable but nothing.
        From the manual I've seen it looks like they come as a complete set of three, listed as 6452 R3, cable assembly. Can't find any information on fitting - if you're lucky you may be able to reach the heater unit ends with the under-dash and console side trims removed. Good luck!
        Last edited by DaveB; 28-01-2016, 16:45.

Comment

Thanks for this Dave, I am planning on taking it all apart this weekend. Hopefully I can reach the other ends of the cable!
          Just had a quote off my local garage - £404.40. They said its nearly all for the labour.

I cant find any English shop selling the 6452R3, so I may just have to pop down my local dealer and see if they can order me it.

As always I will keep you updated. Maybe even with some photos once I take all the trim removed.

FYI, I have bought and now downloading a Citroen manual from http://www.emanualonline.com . It's apparently a WinXP virtual machine that connects to Citroen to give the latest tech data etc. It all sounds a bit iffy to me, but if it works I will share it with everyone. (once it finishes downloading, its 17.9GB :/ )
          Are there any forum rules against sharing? I'm not to sure of the legality if the file, and because of the size I would have to share it via .torrents I'm guessing.
          Just a thought!

Thanks.

Comment

Are there any forum rules against sharing? I'm not to sure of the legality if the file, and because of the size I would have to share it via .torrents I'm guessing.
            Just a thought!

Thanks.
            Whilst appreciated, this falls into a grey area legally that I'm unsure about. Because of that, I'd prefer if the link wasn't posted. I'm sure members will know how to contact you if they encounter any issues when attempting to purchase this themselves though...
            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

I cant find any English shop selling the 6452R3, so I may just have to pop down my local dealer and see if they can order me it.
              Stuff like that will always be dealer-only, as demand for replacements is much too low for it to be worth aftermarket suppliers tooling up to make pattern parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                Whilst appreciated, this falls into a grey area legally that I'm unsure about. Because of that, I'd prefer if the link wasn't posted. I'm sure members will know how to contact you if they encounter any issues when attempting to purchase this themselves though...
                No problem. It sounds to good to be true anyway!
                Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                Stuff like that will always be dealer-only, as demand for replacements is much too low for it to be worth aftermarket suppliers tooling up to make pattern parts.
                Thanks Dave, I will pop into my local dealer tomorrow and order one. Thanks for your help

Comment

**Update**

Been trying to get hold of my dealer all day, but have finally gave up (they probably have caller ID and are ignoring my calls! Don't have the friendliest record with them)

This is what the cable looked like:

I have managed to straighten out the cable near perfect and coated it finely in super glue to give it some extra rigidity. Working like new again so hopefully it lasts!

Thanks

Comment

The cable is available via your dealer for around £45.
                    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                    Bigfeet's File Repository
                    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                      The cable is available via your dealer for around £45.
                      Or a fix is also available from your nearest supermarket at less than £1
                      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Dealer stealers....
                        sigpic

Comment

Is the cable in the manual A/C version of the DS3? As I have automatic A/C and no knobs.

Comment

Originally posted by pmatil View Post
                            Is the cable in the manual A/C version of the DS3? As I have automatic A/C and no knobs.
                            Yes. The auto A/C uses electric motors to do the same job as the cables.

Comment

Working...
                            X