Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we have a compressor wheel failure here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we have a compressor wheel failure here?

As an owner of a DS3 THP with an RC turbo installed IC,exhaust,forge induction kit and some other mods, I heard that with that turbo I can reach close to 230 or maybe 235 ps.
    After a last modification of my remap at the tuner, I saw the figure at around 219-220 ps and 34,4 kg*m of torque.

My mechanic told me that most probably I face some issue with the compressor wheel and that's why I have this issue of power lack.
    But I find it little bit disproportionate to have 10-15 hp lack due to a really small assymetry of the compressor wheel blades.

That's why I am posting this question here. I would also like to mention that the compressor wheel is stable and we don't have any kind of loose stuff there.

First of all what's the maximum power output that someone can get from an RC turbo at 1st stage??
    And secondly, is it possible to have lack of power because of this issue that you will see at the picture??

Thanks in advance Click image for larger version

Name:	12546180_547507468746276_2036135338_o.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	367932

have you modified the Boost/Diverter Valve yet? Standard one wont cope near 200 let alone 220+
    Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Working...
    X