hi again people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi again people

just got home from work and noticed my main beam and side light isnt working on the passenger side of car both bulbs replaced cpl of months ago with osram nightbreakers ....seems strange to lose both at the same time .....wondered if anyone has had the same problem or knows the cause .....thanks in advance ....DSPORT PLUS 1.6 HDI

Easy stuff first - Can we assume you didn't handle either light when installing ?

I've used the Nightbreaker Plus and Unlimited for several years now and they do give great light for a year before they blow (packaging does show the shorter life expectancy) so I tend to keep a spare set of the main beam lights.

Have you reinstalled the OEM lights to check there is no wiring/electrical problems ? If so, could you see that both lights were blown ?
    sigpic

Comment

hi yes i always make sure i never touch the filament ....seems odd that the side light and main beam both went at the same time only replaced in December

Comment

Originally posted by connor217 View Post
        hi yes i always make sure i never touch the filament ....seems odd that the side light and main beam both went at the same time only replaced in December
        just took out the main beam bulb it has blown already after a matter of weeks ......surely this cant be right

Comment

It's difficult to say isn't it ? Typically mine last a year and then almost to the anniversary they pop and need replacing, last year I tried the Unlimited version for the first time and one blew within a month or so, I wasn't happy but tried again and this set are currently 7m old so hopefully will get to the year anniversary as well.

It could be electrical but it's probably going to cost you to find out - have you checked the wiring to the back of the lights to see if it's damaged or pinched etc ?
          sigpic

Comment

yea nothing visible maybe a bad earth god knows .......currently in the process of taing out shares in osram

Comment

Working...
            X