Iphone 6 holder and charger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iphone 6 holder and charger

Hi want to put I live brodit iphone holder and charger in where would there be a live or on /off wires that is easy to get to without taking my brand new 20 mile car apart ,live / neutral

(She would not be best pleased if I get it wrong !!)

The cigarette lighter socket can be prized out with a small flat bladed screwdriver, you should be able to get access to the wires there.

A word of warning though, pretty much any splicing into wires will probably void your warranty. If that doesn't bother you, go right ahead, if it does, it's fairly easy to just plug in a USB power adaptor and then tuck the wire under the trim, not quite as hidden but can still be pretty neat if you put a bit of effort in. I've run cables from there to both A pillars, bottom of the right pillar has the sat nav and up the left one to the dash cam behind the rear-view mirror.
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

I don't get why people splice in phone chargers tbh.

Just plug phone into a usb phone charger in the 12v socket and run a cable to where you want the phone plugged in. I've got a window sucker mount on the fixed window on the driver's side (just by the vent) and a cable that runs under driver's mat up dash and up the rubber seals. Easy peasy.
      @mike_lowsocial

Comment

Originally posted by mjogreen View Post
        I don't get why people splice in phone chargers tbh.

Just plug phone into a usb phone charger in the 12v socket and run a cable to where you want the phone plugged in. I've got a window sucker mount on the fixed window on the driver's side (just by the vent) and a cable that runs under driver's mat up dash and up the rubber seals. Easy peasy.
        I agree. I don't bother to mount my phone, just put it in the cubby under the radio then plug a charging cable in as needed.
        - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
          I agree. I don't bother to mount my phone, just put it in the cubby under the radio then plug a charging cable in as needed.
          Yeah mine used to go in the hole to the right of the steering wheel (sort of under the traction/eco buttons) on top of my wallet so it doesn't move about. If I need waze up then I'll put it in the dock
          @mike_lowsocial

Comment

Working...
          X