Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noise when slowing down with gears

Hi all,

Noticed a problem for the last few months in my DS3 THP 155.

When pulling up to lights or a roundabout or something, if I slow the car down with the gears, I.e. Drop gears while slowly breaking, lifting the clutch with the car going into 2nd will occasionally produce an awful noise, very very loud and sort of like a loud WOOOO'ing noise. Only happened in second gear and hasn't happened for a few days now but other times it will happen a few times in a journey.

A final irritating problem I've noticed, since having the car there is what sounds like a noisy fan in the rear passenger side area of the car. The noise goes away when turning left around a wide bend, as though the car leaning over to the right is taking some pressure off something. I read in the owners manual there is an extractor fan in the boot, any chance this could be the issue?

Thanks in advance for any help!

The woooing / whining noise may be the dual mass flywheel. As far as I'm aware it's a normal "design characteristic" of our cars. If the noise only happens when the clutch is slipping with the engine is a significantly different rpm to the gearbox, then the dual mass flywheel is probably to blame.

As for the rear noise, I'm not quite sure there's an extractor fan in the boot. If I remember correctly, it's a couple one way exhaust ports. They should be silent.
    If the noise only happens when the car is moving, then it could be a wheel bearing.

Comment

The noise in the rear left hand side happens as soon as the key is turned, it's extremely irritating and I have no idea what it is! As I say reading the manual it describes not blocking an extractor in the boot, I've had a look and can't find anything so I've no idea where/what it is

Comment

There is no fan in the boot. The noise you are hearing in the back is most likely the in tank fuel pump.
        Originally posted by cyclone
        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
        Originally posted by Broda
        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Working...
        X