Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3 Break up

Hello everybody!

At the moment many cars in my district gets broken up to steal radio and so on. Does the DS3 have security features to prevent things like radio stealing? :confused:

I hope so...
    Citroën DS³ // THP 155 // Body Ruby Red // Roof Moondust
    DS³R Speedometer // 19" OEM Cairns // KW V3 Coilovers

Broken into is probably the better phrase.
    Who would want to steal the crappy factory unit :cool:

As for security, it has basically none.
    Just the obscure release mechanism, the four holes on the corners where the metal release tool goes.

The service manual makes no mention of security codes or initialization procedures. It seems to be plug and play, I hope no one breaks into your car.

Comment

The radio is actually coded to your car's immobiliser code which means that is will only work when connect to your car.

Your car is also fitted will deadlocks (two presses when locking) which renders the inside handles useless and should slow down any attempt at stealing it.
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
        Your car is also fitted will deadlocks (two presses when locking) which renders the inside handles useless and should slow down any attempt at stealing it.
        This is something I haven't heard before. Is this in every model even ones without factory installed alarm system?

Comment

Originally posted by pmatil View Post
          This is something I haven't heard before. Is this in every model even ones without factory installed alarm system?
          Yep. Press lock button once to lock, again within 5 seconds to deadlock. Indicators stay on (don't flash) for a few seconds to confirm and you can hear the deadlocks engaging if you're close enough to the car.
          - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
          - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
            Yep. Press lock button once to lock, again within 5 seconds to deadlock. Indicators stay on (don't flash) for a few seconds to confirm and you can hear the deadlocks engaging if you're close enough to the car.
            From the manual:

- DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Always heard about that function on here, but mine doesn't do that. There's no sound (from the deadlocks engaging) when I try to lock it the second time. Also, the indicators don't stay on for a few seconds. Just the standard 1 second or so when you first lock it.
              Maybe I should test it with me inside, so I can check if deadlock is activated or not. I'll try that later!
              Last edited by FLP; 10-02-2016, 09:12.

Comment

Nope, does not work with my THP150. Not a mention in the manual either. Maybe it's in the later versions? Mine's a 2010 model.

Comment

Nope, does not work with my THP150. Not a mention in the manual either. Maybe it's in the later versions? Mine's a 2010 model.
                  Works on my 60 plate 150 thp

Comment

Maybe it's a UK thing. Or a compromise: we get heated seats, you guys get deadlocks

Comment

Originally posted by FLP View Post
                      Maybe it's a UK thing.
                      Could be, my 2011 does not have the deadlocks either.
                      Originally posted by cyclone
                      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                      Originally posted by Broda
                      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

My 110 dsport 12 plate has them

Comment

Originally posted by FLP View Post
                          Maybe it's a UK thing.
                          Judging by the locations of the folks that don't have it, I think you're right.
                          - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

I have a 2010 THP and its has the deadlocks. Absolutely 100% has them, can hear it lock on one press of the button then can hear the deadlocks on the second press.

Comment

UK must be a dangerous place requiring the extra protection
                              Originally posted by cyclone
                              It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                              Originally posted by Broda
                              I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Working...
                              X