Broken heater dial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken heater dial

Anyone else had an issue with the heater dial (non climate control version).

Mine was a bit sticky in middle between cold and hot, so tried turning it faster to see if it would loosen up.

Now the heating is stuck on cold. If I turn the dial up to hot it just springs back!

So just called up to book it in at evans Halshaw Shef and guy tells me I have to pay £10 to insure the courtesy car. That can't be right surely?

The car is faulty, should be fixed under warranty and he's telling me I have to pay for the inconvenience, nearly told him to f off!

Also getting bonnet realigned as I have about a 5mm gap at front on one side and practically touching on other side. Don't know how that got past QC!

yes I have got the same issue but heater dial is still working at the moment.

Inside/outside air slider control was completely disconnected when car was delivered - but fixed by dealer once I persuaded them, at handover, it was not working as it should.

Comment

You should be able to get your own insurance to cover you for driving a courtesy car. As an alternative have them collect the car from your home or work and return it when fixed (make sure that you arrange a return time)
      The bonnet is an easy fix (DIY if you want). its just the 4 screws that secure the nose of the car need slackening off so that the gaps can be adjusted, then make sure that they are tight, lean on the nose of the car and you can put it back out of alignment if the screws aren't tight.

I'm sure that the issue of insurance & courtesy cars is pretty much the same all round, my dealer doesn't charge, BUT we have to cover it ourselves, so now we either wait while they fix (service) the car, or they collect and return it.

Comment

Working...
      X