Gear Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear Issue

I've had my DS3 a year and a half now and from I got it, it has intermittently pulled itself out of reverse. The car beeps to say its in reverse and when I try to move off it pulls itself out of gear or slowly grinds out of it, if that's a better way to describe it. It could take 3 or 4 attempts to get the car to actually reverse. It happens more often when I try to reverse even on a small incline. It's done it when I've driven it, my mum and my boyfriend - who is a mechanic, so its not just my driving lol :rolleyes:

I've had it back to my dealership on numerous occasions and they insist there isn't anything wrong with it, its never done it when its with them apparently. I even went as far as ringing Citroen and having the car booked in but all they done was drive it and replace the gear box oil - the service advisor told me she thinks it could be a clutch but without Citroens permission they couldn't pull it apart as they wouldn't pay for it. Its highly embarrassing when it does it in a busy car park or at a school. The car has just turned two so it isn't exactly old - its really doing my head in now and I'm getting nowhere with the dealership.

The car also doesn't always like going into 1st or 3rd - I've been stuck at traffic lights trying to get it into first to move off - also mega embarrassing. Has anyone ever had this issue? Or have any ideas as to what it could be?

How old is the car?

Do you only notice the issue when the car is cold or does it happen in the warm too?

I was going to suggest gearbox fluids but you mentioned that's already been done.
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

The problem with reverse "is not a bug, it's a feature". It's because the reverse gear is not synchronized. So if this happen just put your car in first gear and then back in reverse
      And for the second problem: Just use a bit more force, my gearbox had this problem first but after some miles (approx. 12500) it was better.

Btw. this is only when you have the 5-gear transmission
      Citroën DS³ // THP 155 // Body Ruby Red // Roof Moondust
      DS³R Speedometer // 19" OEM Cairns // KW V3 Coilovers

Comment

The cars just turned two, it does it warm and cold. Could drive it an hour or more and stop at a shop for a few minutes and it will do it when I try to move off.

Force doesn't work when it doesn't want to go into first. I've to put the clutch in an out a few times before it will go into gear when this happens. There's also 33,000 mile on the car so I don't think it needs anymore miles for it to run better lol

Comment

Originally posted by Shauna_H View Post
          The car also doesn't always like going into 1st or 3rd
          That suggests that it may be a problem with the gearchange mechanism rather than the gearbox itself. Otherwise, it may be the clutch dragging, i.e.not clearing properly when you press the pedal.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            That suggests that it may be a problem with the gearchange mechanism rather than the gearbox itself. Otherwise, it may be the clutch dragging, i.e.not clearing properly when you press the pedal.
            The clutch can feel a bit shuddery but I don't know if that's how it should feel. The only other car I drive is brand new so I can't even compare the clutches

Comment

Working...
            X