Dsport Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dsport Service

So the ds3 has just done over 40k miles this week.
    When I bought the car it came with no service history at all. Not even the service book... So it was serviced and motd in September 2014 when I bought it and I done my own little service in September 2015 (air, pollen, oil filter and changed the oil)

What sort of service should I be looking at getting done this September? Just a regular one or the big one with the water pumps and brakes and stuff like that?

Cheers guys, Joe

Personally i'd do a 2 year service and that should be Brake fluid change too.

some info here too:

http://info.citroen.co.uk/finance-an...vice-intervals

http://info.citroen.co.uk/finance-an...n/maintenance/
    Last edited by Toxic; 16-02-2016, 22:59.
    Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Originally posted by gatesy0093 View Post
      That is a lot of driving for 1 week!!
      Originally posted by cyclone
      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
      Originally posted by Broda
      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

You'd need to do some speed too
        Simon

Comment

It was hellish fast haha

Comment

Originally posted by gatesy0093 View Post
            When I bought the car it came with no service history at all. Not even the service book... So it was serviced and motd in September 2014 when I bought it and I done my own little service in September 2015 (air, pollen, oil filter and changed the oil)

What sort of service should I be looking at getting done this September? Just a regular one or the big one with the water pumps and brakes and stuff like that?

Cheers guys, Joe
            Water pump? Definitely shouldn't need done at only 40k. Every 2nd service should be what Citroen call 'major'. My car had a major service from Citroen at 30k. All filters etc but brakes aren't a general service part you change them when they need done. And yeah I'd change the brake fluid also.

Comment

Citroen quote the following for the Timing Belt:

TIMING BELT

The timing belt on your vehicle is a key component to the operation of the engine, synchronising the permanent movement of the pistons and valves. As a result, it's used intensively and is constantly subject to forces from the engine operation, meaning that wear will occur overtime. Changes in the climate can also affect the belt, leading to early wear.

The timing belt must be replaced in accordance with your vehicles maintenance schedule to ensure the protection of your engine. Failure of the timing belt would cause immediate and serious damage, and can even lead to engine breakdown.

There is currently no way of measuring the extent of wear on a timing belt. As a preventative measure, make sure you replace your timing belt in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations, (refer to the maintenance guide). For safety reasons, seek advice from your local Citroën dealer when your vehicles reaches 50,000 miles.

CITROËN ADVICE:

Replace the
              water pump when changing the timing kit to contribute to the life cycle of the kit and avoid the need for a second procedure. These two components are next to each other, so replacing them simultaneously requires no extra dismantling and reduces the cost of the work carried out.

Simon

Comment

Awesome. I'll wait till 50k miles then.

Defo get the brakes done though, cheers guys!

Comment

Working...
                X