Locking Wheel nut Adaptor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locking Wheel nut Adaptor

I had the joy of hitting a huge typical Scottish pothole which punctured my tyre, long story short had to get the car towed to a garage as the wheel nut adaptor sheared, so i had to get the tyre replace and an extra £40 labour to get the wheel bolt drilled out.I was advised by the garage to order a new adaptor {£60 plus VAT from France} and to remove the other three and replace them with standard bolts as this seems a common occurance {not just Citroen} Anyone else had or heard of this problem? Should be locking wheel nut oops dime bar
    Last edited by Silvershaker; 17-02-2016, 13:06.
    Stupidity built in at no extra cost

The Citroen ones are made of taffy
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

had a similar issue about a month ago.

They are made of cheese, by 4 new standard bolts and replace cheese locking nuts. its not worth the hassle.
      Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Had the same issue a week ago.
        Decided to rotate front wheels to back. Security bolts made of play dough turned to mush.

$186 AUD later and they're all replaced with standard bolts. Most of the cost was drilling out the stripped one.

Glad I did this in the driveway and didn't have to find out on the side of the road with it pissing down.

Comment

One of the main problems with these bolts are when you take it to a tyre place is that they use the air drill to undo the nuts .
          The bag that the locking nut key comes in warns not to use it with the air drill.
          I had to tell the monkeys at kwik fit not to do so and saved a lot of cost and hassle.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeandsazzle View Post
            One of the main problems with these bolts are when you take it to a tyre place is that they use the air drill to undo the nuts .
            The bag that the locking nut key comes in warns not to use it with the air drill.
            I had to tell the monkeys at kwik fit not to do so and saved a lot of cost and hassle.
            You mean impact wrench not drill

Comment

Yup that's what I meant.
              Too early lol😂

Comment

More Coffee!

Comment

Lots of coffee😂

Comment

I had one of the locking nut adaptor pins broken off. So cut off a piece of a drill bit of similar size and glued it back on. Got all the nuts off and into the trash. Was quoted about 200 eur for the new adaptor from France. The dealer said only 1 person ever has ordered a replacement.

Comment

The alloy key works fine as long as your dealer/trye fitter hasn't been a prat and used the torque gun on the nut to loosen or tighten the bolt.
                      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                      Bigfeet's File Repository
                      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
                      X