Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Total electrical failure?

Hi,

Twice this weekend my DS3 seemed to have complete electrical failure.

Both times I used my key to open the doors with central locking, but then the key became useless. Couldn't start the car, couldn't lock the doors, couldn't do anything. No warning lights came on whatsoever.

The first time the car started normally again after leaving it for 5 minutes. The second time it still wasn't working after two hours, so I needed a tow from where I was back to my home. Low and behold when we got home it was working normally again. The recovery guy could see it wasn't working and was a stumped as me when it started as we got it off the truck.

This did happen once before but Citroen couldn't identify the problem and no fault codes were recorded. I've already had a major head gasket issue with this car (which luckily was covered under warranty), and now this is just another thing to concern me.

I'm lucky in that these failures have happened before I've got going on my journeys, but now i'm worried everything might cut out on me when driving.

Anybody any ideas?

On a bunch of the early model cars there was a recall for the main ground wire being too short and breaking causing total electrical failure. Sometimes this appeared as an intermittent electrical failure. might want have them check this wire.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
      On a bunch of the early model cars there was a recall for the main ground wire being too short and breaking causing total electrical failure. Sometimes this appeared as an intermittent electrical failure. might want have them check this wire.
      I saw these recalls on another website but they all seem to date from 2010 - 2012. Mine was first registered April 2013 (one owner before me).

I managed to get it to the garage this morning so will see what they say. I will mention this if they "find nothing" again though

Comment

Originally posted by superj2 View Post
        I saw these recalls on another website but they all seem to date from 2010 - 2012. Mine was first registered April 2013 (one owner before me).

I managed to get it to the garage this morning so will see what they say. I will mention this if they "find nothing" again though
        Could still be affected so worth a mention! Let us know what the garage says
        My DS3R3... nearly....
        New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Update: plugged into the computers and no fault codes found (not surprised). Apparently the earth cable has been checked and is fine.

It's annoying because i'm not making this problem up, but twice now they've been unable to diagnose it!

Comment

Total electrical failure?

Lol this sounds familiar this is the issue I had ended being a wiring loom not the earth lead. And the ignition pick up ring and ignition key ....when it happened for the 3rd time after spending £600+ each time . That's when I decided to get rid of the car ..
            http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
            2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
            DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

Working...
            X