Worn Gearbox Bearings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worn Gearbox Bearings

so i noticed some fluid on my drive and heard a horrid sound a couple of times when in first gear...

and apparently my Gearbox bearings have been worn and now i need it stripping and rebuilding.. anyone else had this on their DS3? its only done 55k :mad:

No, I've not heard of this before and there's nothing in the Similar Threads box below....

Did they give you an estimate of cost ?
    sigpic

Comment

So your gearbox started leaking and you didn't notice till it was too late and now it is fucked. Did I get that right?
      Originally posted by cyclone
      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
      Originally posted by Broda
      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

yeah, no fluid on drive, just sounded louder but not anything noticeable

£600 for strip and rebuild

Comment

mine had done 47k and no issues with gearbox before the car was was sold. what type of sound is it? a Crunching sound when selecting the gear or a whirring sounds as it is being driven in the gear?
          Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Originally posted by Toxic View Post
            mine had done 47k and no issues with gearbox before the car was was sold. what type of sound is it? a Crunching sound when selecting the gear or a whirring sounds as it is being driven in the gear?
            definite whirring when driving especially when coming off the clutch and no accelerator, its in today to be done

Comment

Working...
            X