Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Window Wiper

Hi All,

I have a weird issue with my rear window wiper on a 61 plate ds3 Dsport 110bhp diesel.

When using the stalk to turn on the rear wiper nothing happens. However if I use the rear washer the wiper clears the window.
    Also the rear wiper works if I have the front wipers on and use reverse.

Fuse has been replaced for the wiper, anyone have any ideas or seen anything similar?

Thanks

Steven

Sounds like a faulty switch to me - The fact it operates via everything other than that would indicate the switch as being the fault

I'd imagine you'd need a replacement unit to fix it - To test this you'll need to find any other DS and unplug the wiper arm and swap it with a working one.

If that works you just need to order a replacement
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Thanks for the info sadly I thought the same and was hoping for a cheaper fix :-)

Is there anything that would deal with the intermittent wipe of the rear wiper? Each time it works IE with the washer and in reverse the wiper does full constant wipes.

The only other solution that I have thought of would be an issue with whatever deals with setting the intermittent wipe.

Cheers

Comment

It's reasonable to assume that it will be controlled by the ECU irrespective of input. As Dangerousfish says, I'd suspect the switch. I'm wondering if diagnostic software allows you to examine the state of in input - if so, that would be a quick way of seeing whether or not the switch is faulty.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          It's reasonable to assume that it will be controlled by the ECU irrespective of input. As Dangerousfish says, I'd suspect the switch. I'm wondering if diagnostic software allows you to examine the state of in input - if so, that would be a quick way of seeing whether or not the switch is faulty.
          I can't see why not. All you'd be looking for is a 1 or 0 but considering OP's previous response I don't think this is going to be a viable option.

Are you coming to any of the scheduled meets Steve? I'm sure somebody at one of those wouldn't mind swapping wiper arms with you for a few minutes to test the theory.
          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
            I'm sure somebody at one of those wouldn't mind swapping wiper arms with you for a few minutes to test the theory.
            It may not be that easy - I think the steering column controls are a complete unit which can't be removed without taking the wheel off.

Comment

Working...
            X