Mrc Recall and camchain tensioner failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mrc Recall and camchain tensioner failure

Hi, I've been reading up after seeing a post online of someone having the camchain tensioner fail on his thp dsport.
    I can't seem to find a history of the thp engine and when it was updated. Does anyone know if this issue was resolved by an upgraded tensioner and what year models needed the mrc update. We have a Dec 2013 thp dsport plus cabrio with only 6k on it but would rather know if this is likely to be an issue in the future as really love the car.
    Thanks
    Danny

It should be the latest tensioner in that.
    White on red THP
    Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Mine still failed after having the chain and tensioners replaced under warranty in 2014 They are made of cheese just like the wheel locking nuts

The tensioner lasted approx 9 months.
      Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Is it possible to upgrade the tensioner or are you stuck with the OEM one ?
        sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't worry too much. My THP is a 2010 with 36,000 miles on it. It had the update and a cam re-timing under warranty some years ago. It's been running OK since.................oh, I wish I hadn't tempted fate by saying that!

There must be others on here that have issue free THPs that don't post to say so. Forums are usually full of problems rather than praise
          Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

Originally posted by Owd git View Post
            I
            There must be others on here that have issue free THPs that don't post to say so.
            Me, 2011
            Originally posted by cyclone
            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
            Originally posted by Broda
            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

I've had a 2007 207 GTi THP 175 (sold in 2014 with 97,000km), a 2011 DS3 THP 150 (still own it) and a 2014 208 GTi.

None of them have suffered from chain or tensioner issues.

The 207 could probably have benefited from an inlet clean, as it was starting to get a little bit jerky off the line, but other than that it was great.
              Last edited by SLC; 09-03-2016, 13:26.
              Regards,

Simon

2011 DS3 DSport (Sport Red with Onyx Black Roof).
              2014 208 GTi (Calado Blue).

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. A asked @Citroën_UK_official and they checked and said my model did not need the recall. I would still like to know the revision history to ensure a modified tensioner was fitted. I have asked Citroën and will post what they say when I get a reply. Thanks

Comment

cam chain tenioner

iam a master tech at a citroen garage the moded tenioner has a hole in the end you can fill it with your finger or you can see it with a touch.

Comment

Probably a good mechanic, not so good with a keyboard. Good advice all the same.
                    Originally posted by cyclone
                    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                    Originally posted by Broda
                    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Working...
                    X