Esp/asr fault leading into a engine fault:repair needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Esp/asr fault leading into a engine fault:repair needed

I've read a lot of other people's faults on here so thought I'll post mine whilst the beast is in the garage and who knows may help someone out!
    The other day a puddle, well lake actually, came out of now where and I aquaplaned like a mofo across it. Turns out 70mph, large puddles and dark country lanes dont mix. As this happened my bowels loosened slightly but more importantly I heard a horrendous squealing noise like a belt squealing.
    Wow that car behind me needs to be put it in a garage I think to my self, as obviously my lovely ds3 airstream 1.6 diesel has just celebrated its 4th birthday so it couldn't be her! Then comes a dreaded beep. No warning lights, no second beep, no difference in the car whatever, no problem right! I completed the last 10 miles to work and drove it the 15 miles home later that day, all went fine.
    Onto the next day. I drive to work and less than a mile into the journey I hear the same beep and my esp switches off. Every time I try to put it back on I hear the same beep and an error message flashes up on the dash 'ESP/ASR FAULT'. Already late so drive it to work gingerly but I did notice it's lost a bit of oomph in the acceleration.
    When I start the car to come home the fault with the esp has been replaced with error message 'ENGINE FAULT:REPAIR NEEDED'. ESP now works but I have the dreaded engine light on acceleration is nearly back to normal though :/
    Over the past few weeks also I have noticed that the gears become very harsh when engaging as I'm if the clutch isn't released extremely slowly then it's as if the clutch has just been let go and the gear engages with a thud. Also also (!) The gears (especially 2no and 6th) sometimes wont go in and i have to return them to neutrel and put them im again (whilst keeping the clutch depressed. Annoying and worrying as I like to smash through the gears quickly!
    Anyway I know next to bob all about cars (electrical engineer by trade) so any ideas would be welcome and obviously I'll keep you all updated on what the garage says :/

Sorry to hear this - will be keep an eye out for what those with the knowledge/experience think - good luck
    sigpic

Comment

Apparently there is nothing wrong with it! The garage said the codes were unknown (just random characters) so he cleared then and ran it for an hour with no fault said it seems fine.
      It's been 2 days now and it's been out and about with no troubles :/ here's hoping it stays that way!

Comment

I have 2010 Ds3 thp showes engine fault repair with a esp/asr system faulty any past experience on what would cause it..?

Comment

Originally posted by MorganV8 View Post
          I have 2010 Ds3 thp showes engine fault repair with a esp/asr system faulty any past experience on what would cause it..?
          Many things.

Have you concluded anything since your post here?
          My DS3R3... nearly....
          New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

You can also start with the Similar Threads at the bottom of this page to see if any of those help you fault find
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X