THP 155 super-knock recall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THP 155 super-knock recall

I took my 2013 DSport Cabrio into the dealership today for some warranty work, including the dreaded super-knock symptom.
    When I picked it up I was informed that a recall "come through today" for new firmware to address the issue. Bit of a coincidence....but OK. So I've got new firmware.
    They couldn't really tell me what it does except "use the injectors more efficiently", but I'm wondering if, in effect, its a bhp reduction.
    Anyone else had this done?

Had this done to my 2012 (Jan) DS3 DSport Plus a few months back. I did notice the engine was running better after the update, though I moved to a 208 GTi the month after.
    Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

I had about the same thing last week. They uploaded the new software, it seemed fine at first, but now super knock seems to be back with a vengeance..

Comment

Could also be a failing sensor issue too along with the new update.

I had mine for about a month after the update and the car was running fine when I handed the keys over
        Simon

Comment

Sounds like a bit of a mixed bag then. I'd still like to know exactly what the update does to mitigate the pre-ignition problem.

Comment

I just like to know what the update does in the first place. With all the emission problems going on, I was worried it has something to do with that and that they reduced the power output.
            (I know the emission scandals were about diesels, but you never know, there could be a petrol scandal that's still in the making )

Comment

Not the 1st time Citroen has updated the engine management software. They did the 150thp's a few Years ago and the same dark theories went around then too.
              Originally posted by cyclone
              It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
              Originally posted by Broda
              I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

It's odd how how they claimed the recall had just been issued that day when I took it in.

Comment

It's odd how they told me the exact same thing Also: "the letters are supposed to go out later this week, but since we're giving you the update now, you won't receive a letter anymore."

Comment

Originally posted by Volemangler View Post
                    It's odd how how they claimed the recall had just been issued that day when I took it in.
                    took mine in in January and told me it was a Recall then.

http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....-on-engine-map
                    Simon

Comment

Hadn't seen that thread Toxic. Mine seems much the same in terms of general running, but I haven't had the pre-ignition problem since the update.......yet anyway.

Comment

Anyone know what VINs are affected?

Comment

Originally posted by pmatil View Post
                          Anyone know what VINs are affected?
                          Use this to see if you're affected:

http://www.citroenrecalls.co.uk/
                          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                            Use this to see if you're affected:

http://www.citroenrecalls.co.uk/
                            Strange the site never said mine was recalled yet the Dealership said it was.
                            Simon

Comment

Yeah that site is not very useful as mine is not an UK registered. If it's a generic recall there should be the VINs affected somewhere. The DVSA site has more generic info but still hard to read.

Comment

Working...
                              X