Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Input Shaft Retainer??

Hi all

Fairly new to this but just had a few questions. My ds3 is almost a year old. A few months ago it started making a really odd noise when I pulled away, especially when on a hill.

I took it into my local Citroen. They couldn't find anything wrong but later called me to say they had investigated and found a Technical Service Bulletin on an issue with all the symptoms I described. (I took a picture of the TSB they showed me but can't remember how to post a pic)

So it went in and they replaced the part (input shaft retainer apparently...??) But it's still making the noise.
    I don't know if it's relevant but a few months prior someone went into the back of me at a red light. I'm wondering if it's something they missed when they fixed it (car went to my insurance company's recommended garage, not Citroen)

Few people have suggested it's the breaks sticking? It's a really hard noise to describe but it happens when I pull away after having breaks on. I know general wear and tear isn't covered so am I going to have to pay out for this?

Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by SWL; 25-03-2016, 08:39.

The brakes are known to lock on and you do get a clunk sound , only really happens to me after leaving over night.

Comment

Thanks..
      It's a strange kind of creaking sound...could happen 2-3 times on a 20 min journey then doesn't happen again for a few days. But you think it's nothing to worry about?

Also got squeaky brakes if that's relevant but just assume they need a clean to get rid of the squeaking.

Comment

Best way to check if it's the brakes, next time you hear the noise, in a safe place brake firmly from 30mph to 0. It should clear the build up on the disks and stop the noise. If it is that then it's normal and nothing to worry about.
        - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

The thing is, it's only when I pull away. Best example is every time I'm turning around-I'll pull forward, break then reverse and that's when it happens. Just for a second or two. Or same if I'm sat at the lights with foot on the break then pull away it happens again. But not every time.

The breaks do squeak when I'm slowing down so will try your suggestion for that, thanks.

Comment

Do you have disks or drums on the back.
            Sounds a bit like the brakes are not releasing properly

Comment

Im not really sure to be honest....! I've got the 2015 DSire BlueHDi model.

If it is the brakes not releasing properly-what kind of price am I looking at to fix? Could it have anything to do with the accident I had? Assuming I've left it too late now anyway as that happened in September.

Got my service in April-Citroen have quoted me £196. Is this reasonable? I know I need to otherwise I void the warranty but I've only just done 6k miles.

Comment

Hi

It sounds like the same noise as I have on mine. I think its clutch related (thrust release bearing maybe?)

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                X