Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rattling Air Freshner

Hi,

I bought a brand new DS3 around Nov 2015 from my local Citroen dealership. Ever since I have had the car I get a crackly, cheap plastic rattling sound come from the hole the in-built air freshener tube sits in. I took it back for a warranty repair and all they found was my fuse board was loose behind the dash and they clipped it back in and added some foam padding around it but still I get this awful noise from my air freshner area.

My DS3 is a diesel and a few people have told me diesels are just more noisy in general and it could just be vibration but it doesn't sound good for a otherwise very nice car that is only a few months old.

Does anyone else have or have had this issue and do you know the remedy?

Regards

Well my dashboard area rattles and vibrates in my diesel,my remedy is usually turn on the sounds!

Shake,rattle and roll!
    Last edited by JEZDS3; 25-03-2016, 16:29.
    LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

No problem with mine take it back again ?? Keep at them

Comment

I don't get any rattles. Only when something is in the door pockets at certain revs

Comment

Outrageous. Take it back, demand refund
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

^ lol

Seriously though mine doesn't have rattles from the dashboard area, I try and narrow it down more and then speak to the dealer again.
            sigpic

Comment

I have a diesel and this doesn't mean the car vibrates and rattles more than any other car

Some things to eliminate:

Glove box - make sure that you have both the bungs in the glove box door - in each corner.

There used to be a dash rattle that came from base where the window sits next to the dash.

Also this:
              Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
              Pop out the radio if you're getting a buzz, there are a few cables that run around the back of the dash. We tie'ed them up for a customer of ours and it solved the noise he was having! It appears that the cables were rubbing off the top of the radio. Hope that helps
              My DS3R3... nearly....
              New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Working...
              X