Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Front CV joint gaiters KEEP falling off!! (Fix?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front CV joint gaiters KEEP falling off!! (Fix?)

Hi All,

In march my DS3 went in for an MOT. It failed becasue the front CV joint gaiters had come loose becasue the clips that hold them on had broken.

So, I had the clips replaced with Citroen parts and the gaiters put back on.

Since then the gaiters keep falling off, and I have to keep gong back to the dealer to have them put back on. The clips don't break, the gaiters just slip off.

When the wheels are at full lock the gaiters seem to be pulled very tight, Is this normal?

My question is, Has anyone else had this problem? and Does anyone know how to stop this from happening?

(For anyone that doesn't know, the gaiters are rubber covers that go over the joint thats just behind the wheel hub)

Any help would be appreciated as the regular trips to the dealer are getting old now.

Thanks, Kane :ds3:

yes, the clips on mine split allowing the gaiters to come off and grease to get everywhere.

The dealer needs to clean all the grease off the area where the gaiters grip (and the interior of the gaiter itself) with a suitable solvent so that they have a grip onto dry metal
    Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

Welcome

New one to be but Owd Git has some useful info.
      My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Thanks Owd git... I noticed grease everywhere when they broke, but assumed theyed do the job properly.

I'll try telling them to do it properly... Any ideas what I should say?? :confused:

And thanks WTF

Comment

No worries!

That you asked an owner's forum for advice and this it what they suggested?!
          My DS3R3... nearly....
          New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Working...
          X