Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Click/Clunk when pulling away

Hi all

I have a 2012 THP which has just clocked 30k miles. I purchased it used 4 months ago with 25k. Whilst I am generally pretty happy with it, it has an annoying clunking / clicking sound (sounds a bit like a relay clicking but louder) when I put my foot on and take it off the throttle. It happens mostly in the lower gears at low revs, so it appears to be torque related I think (although I could be wrong!!). The car has just been into Citroen to have the timing chain tensioner & guide replaced. I did ask them to check it out, but they claimed not to hear the noise. Has anyone else noticed this noise on their Ds3 or have any idea what it may be? It's driving me bloody mad😁

Cheers
    Russ

Engine stabiliser mounting maybe?
    White on red THP
    Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Engine stabiliser mounting maybe?
      Thanks Jamie, whereabouts is it located?

Comment

Toward the back of engine, you see it from underneath quite easily.
        White on red THP
        Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Cheers Jamie, maybe I will add that to the list of things to do when I visit you. Do you stock them?

Comment

No I don't stock these... But happy to fit one for you
            White on red THP

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie@SPTuning View Post
              Hello Jamie, I have heard a lot about your work, where abouts are you? and I'm looking at getting my 2014 Ds3 Cabrio Airdream 90 remapped, you've been the name I've heard all the time, what are your prices?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Comment

Give Jamie a call on 01455 615881 or 07967 377453 and you can discuss what you want

Personally speaking Jamie is the only person I'd go to for my remap, I'm not far from you and the drive to Hinckley/Burbage (never sure which it is) is well worth it, your DS3 after the remap will be so much better to drive ! The drive back is smiles a plenty trying out the remap
                sigpic

Comment

Hi
                  Sorry I didn't see the post till now, give us a call on the numbers above [emoji1303]
                  White on red THP

Comment

Hi Jamie, do you know how tight torque setting the bolts need to be small and large bolts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No I don't off hand, I think many people wouldn't bother using a torque wrench on these as its not that critical. Just make sure they're "FT" as they say in the trade
                      White on red THP

Comment

No I don't off hand, I think many people wouldn't bother using a torque wrench on these as its not that critical. Just make sure they're "FT" as they say in the trade
                        If you find out it would help me out? Or bigfeet any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X