Gear knob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear knob

Slight problem , did my wrap yesterday and when I replaced the gator around the gear knob noticed a spring had come away from somewhere anybody any ideas think it's something to do with reverse , still works fine just there doesn't seem to be any resistance when putt ing into reverse and it seems to find that instead of first to easily .

Is it from the collar that you lift under the knob to engage reverse Kev ? It would make sense if you can now engage reverse that easily
    sigpic

Comment

So it just goes inside on the shaft of lever thought it might clip in somewhere , thanks will have another look.

Comment

Anybody do me a pic of the Spring , would be much appreciated.

Comment

As far as I am aware the spring for the reverse lock out on the 6 speed is at the top under the black plastic that you lift up. Fairly big as it goes around the shift lever shaft. You can see that one when you remove the gear knob. Not aware of another, not saying there isn't one under the plastic at the bottom. How big is the spring you found?
          Originally posted by cyclone
          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
          Originally posted by Broda
          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Yeah is big about the size of a 2p and about 4cm long , will give it a try. Thanks

Comment

The top of the spring should be under the white plastic piece that the gear knob pushes on to.
              Originally posted by cyclone
              It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
              Originally posted by Broda
              I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Working...
              X