Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine problems with my DSport 1.6

Hi all,

You'll have to bare with me as I'm not exactly mechanically minded despite working in the motor trade myself lol
    I recently purchased a 2012 DS3 DSport THP Plus 1.6 petrol , looks lovely, seemed to drive ok then it seemingly got worse and worse as the week went on??

I noticed that it was misfiring when idling, badly....then it would settle down a bit. Then I was driving back from Rotherham one morning and it felt a fair bit sluggish, before I knew it the engine management light came on and I was in limp mode. I got it onto the hard shoulder, turned the ignition off, then on and it drove back ok but "engine repair" appeared on the centre computer.

I had it plugged in at work, fault codes P1336, P1337 and P1338 which is cylinder misfire 1, 2 and several I think?? Changed the plugs and coil packs to be sure...seemed better. But even now it seems a touch lumpy when idling and when I go to put my foot down it just doesn't seem to pull like id expect it?? Its like its pulling back for a second before it goes forward If I make any sense?

I've read abit on here about carbon build up and the like? Any ideas guys?

Shane

Could be carbon build up, but if you have misfires it could very well be the timing chain that has stretched. But I might be seeing it a bit pessimistic, since my car needs a entire new engine..

Comment

Does sound familiar
      My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Working...
      X