Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you remove the heater blower fan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you remove the heater blower fan?

Can anybody help?
    I have a DS3 110 DSport +.
    My heater/air con blower does not work.
    I have tried a new regulator with no success and there is power to both the fan itself and the regulator.
    Glove box is stripped out and it seems you should just be able to turn the blower anti-clockwise and pull it out.
    It does not budge at all.
    Is this typical Citroen design and build (i.e shoddy) or am I doing something wrong?

Most things clip on or off.....

All fuses and wires checked?
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Yes, Power to the connector that plugs into the fan and also to the regulator.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYZr1tS1caE. This shows the whole thing for a C3 which is identical to a DS3 2014 I did yesterday. Nobody else seems to see fit to mention the locating tab that needs lifted to remove the motor, this video does.

The motor has carbon brushes which wear out over time. With carbon brushes you can sometimes get a bit more life out of a motor by giving it a good thump which will allow the stuck brushes to be pushed into place by the springs if they have got slightly stuck in their holders. As a maintenance engineer we used to do this with DC motors if they played up during a production run, it often worked. It is not a repair though, the brushes are still worn out and need replaced. While you may be able to replace the brushes in a DS3 blower motor I haven't tried so I don't know.

Comment

Forgot to say, motor body turns CLOCKWISE for removal, ANTI-CLOCKWISE for fitting. My motor was easy to turn, no strap wrench required, just a firm grip, lift tab, turn CLOCKWISE and remove. I tried to post pictures of whole process but 2Mb limit so no go.

Comment

Working...
          X